31 January 2013, Singapore – Singapore’s flag carrier Singapore Airlines will release 76 pilots who are employed on fixed term contracts before their contracts expire by 30 June 2013.
Singapore Airlines has a surplus of pilots as the global financial crisis of 2009 – 2010 resulted in excess capacity and slower than expected growth. Pilots employed on fixed-term contracts make up about 4% of the airline’s total pilots’ workforce.
- Singapore To Serve As Virtual Hub For AirAsia
- Tiger Airways & Changi Airport Group Launches TIGERCONNECT
- SCOOT Flies 500,000th Passenger
- Emirates A380 Flies Singapore-Dubai Route From 1 December 2012
- AirAsia’s Inaugural Flight from Singapore To Clark Takes Off
- Changi Airport Celebrates 50 Millionth Passenger in 2012
- Jetstar Asia offers Price Beat Guarantee