7 September 2012, Singaproe – “Flavours of Life” is the theme that Peach Blossoms in Marina Mandarin hotel has chosen for this year’s Mid-Autumn offerings. Chef Kerene wanted to create desserts that encapsulate the emotions that we go through in life. The 4 new snowskin mooncakes are Sour, Sweet, Bitter and Spicy, and named “Mini Heavenly Treasures Mooncakes” (S$56.80 for a box of 8, with 2 pieces per flavour).
- Mini Semi-dried Hibiscus with White Lotus Paste Snowskin Mooncake
- The sour tangy taste comes from the hibiscus flower and its tartness is paired well with the mildly sweet lotus paste. An anti-oxidant high in vitamin C.
- Mini Osmanthus with White Lotus Paste Snowskin Mooncake
- Osmanthus flower is a natural sweetener with an aromatic scent and represents simple joys in life. A detoxifying agent for your body.
- Mini Bitter Gourd & Cashew Nuts with White Lotus Paste Snowskin Mooncake
- This is the flavour that inspired the creation of this special set of mooncakes and reminds us to be resilient in life despite our challenges or hardships. After many months of experimentation, the perfect combination was found with cashew nuts.
- Mini Spicy Chocolate with White Lotus Paste Snowskin Mooncake
- Spicy chocolate is found in the center of the mooncake and represents life’s exhilarating high points.
For a healthy option, there is the Mini Organic Oats, Premium Nuts and Dried Fruits Baked Mooncake (S$58 for a box of 8). This unique creation is an “Eight Treasures” mooncake consisting of organic oats, pistachios, whole almonds, white sesame seeds, cranberries, raisins, apricots and low-sugared white lotus paste.
Traditional baked mooncakes are also available. Single/Double Yolk with White Lotus Paste (S$52/S$54 for a box of 4) and Melon Seeds with White Lotus Paste (S$48 for a box of 4).
For a nice corporate gift, there is a specially designed premium packaging with a gold lacquer box, glass cover and 18 floating crystals. This is available at S$88.80.
Mooncakes are available now till 30 September 2012.
Marina Mandarin Singapore
6 Raffles Boulevard
For reservations, please call +65 6845-1118.
- Mooncake Fiesta: New Snowskin Flavours at Grand Hyatt Singapore
- Mooncake Fiesta: Mandarin Court, Mandarin Orchard Singapore
- Mooncake Fiesta: Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- Mooncake Fiesta: Summer Palace, Regent Singapore
- Mooncake Fiesta: Summer Pavillion – Ritz-Carlton Millenia
- Mooncake Fiesta: Jiang-Nan Chun, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
- Mooncake Fiesta: Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream Mooncakes