Microsoft 365, a refresh of Office 365, is now available in Asia offering new artificial intelligence, rich content and templates and cloud-powered experiences. It is rolling out regionally and will reach over 38 million Office 365 subscribers globally in the next few months.
Microsoft 365 Personal costs US$6.99 USD a month while Microsoft 365 Family for up to six people costs US$9.99 a month.
The new Microsoft Family Safety app is designed to keep families safe across the digital and physical worlds. Microsoft will also launch Microsoft Teams later this year for users to stay connected with their family and friends. There will also be new features in Microsoft Teams that make it easier to connect, organize and collaborate with family and friends.
The new Microsoft Edge browser also takes a step forward with new features to protect users on the web with Password Monitor, and to simplify research with Collections. You can learn more about all the new Edge features here, as well as the entire suite of new features available with Microsoft 365 below.
- AI-Powered Microsoft Editor: An AI-powered service available in more than 20 languages accessible across Word and Outlook.com, and as a standalone browser extension for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers have access to advanced grammar and style refinements such as rewrite suggestions and additional style critiques to allow greater clarity and conciseness.
- Presenter Coach Features in PowerPoint: An AI-powered Presenter that helps correct monotone pitch and refine speeches. This will be available as a free preview, and then eventually only to Microsoft 365 subscribers.
- PowerPoint Designer: Effectively boosts creativity, such as transforming text into a beautiful timeline, or even auto-generated slide layouts. Enjoy exclusive access to over 8,000 beautiful images and 175 looping videos from Getty Images, plus 300 new fonts, 2,800 new icons to create high-impact and visually appealing documents.
- Premium Templates: Get exclusive access to 200+ new premium templates across Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- New Data Types and Smart Templates in Excel: This presents a different and less time-consuming way to interact with data, providing deeper meaning for over 100 topics. Microsoft 365 subscribers have exclusive access to the over 100 new data types powered by Wolfram Alpha.
- Organizing Time Across Work and Life with Outlook: New features in Outlook on the web help users manage all commitments, across work and life, in one place. With these new features, they can link their personal calendar to their work calendar to show their real availability, while still maintaining their privacy.
- Deepen Connections with Family and Friends with Skype and Microsoft Teams: Skype has seen an increase in usage with 40 million people using it daily, up 70% month over month and, we are seeing a 220% increase in Skype to Skype calling minutes month over month. To help people get connected even faster, Microsoft recently introduced a new feature in Skype called Meet Now, that allows users to easily connect over video (for free) with up to 50 people in just a few clicks.
- Protecting Families in the Physical and Digital Worlds with Microsoft Family Safety: Coming soon is the Microsoft Family Safety app, a new mobile experience on iOS and Android for Microsoft 365 subscribers. The application empowers families in a variety of ways with both free and premium offerings, including managing screen time across Windows PCs, Android and Xbox.
To learn more about Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscriptions as well as the market and language availability of these new features, visit this page. For more information on Microsoft 365 business and Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise plans, visit this page here.