19 March 2012, Singapore – To commemorate the great pop art artist, Andy Warhol’s 25th death anniversary, Art Science Museum at Marina Bay Sands is showcasing the largest collection of Andy Warhol’s iconic works to be displayed outside of Pittsburgh’s Andy Warhol Museum. The exhibition is displayed at the ArtScience Museum from 17th March 2012 to 12 August 2012.
Featuring over 260 paintings, drawings, sculptures and films the exhibition will journey in to four different stages of Andy Warhol’s life contributing to pop art.
- “Early Years” (1940s ~ 1950s) – A showcase of Andy Warhol’s drawing as a child, his first artwork as a commercial artist and the blotted line.
- “The Factory Years” (1960s) – showing Andy Warhol’s transition from commercial art to business art where he created the iconic “Campbell’s Soup Can” and portraits of the late Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe.
- “Exposures” (1970s) – showing Andy Warhol’s fascination towards Polaroid photography and a collection of portrait photographs of famous people like the late Christopher Reeves and Ronald Reagan taken by Andy Warhol.
- “The Last Supper” (1980s) – this will showcase the diversity of his creation during Andy Warhol’s last decade and the exhibition concludes with “The Last Supper” and “Self Portrait” that was created at the very end of his life.
To inspire the young, a special display for children based on a similar exhibition Andy Warhol did in 1983 at Bruno Bischofberger gallery in Switzerland, will allow the young and old to view the art from a child’s perspective.
From Andy Warhol’s infamous quote “In the future, everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes”, “Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal” at Art Science Museum will preserve the artist’s 15 minute of fame, sharing his boldness and philosophy in pop art to the rest of the world.
For the latest ticketing information, visit Art Science Museum booking page.
- Andy Warhol Works At ArtScience Museum (superadrianme.com)
- WICKED, The Broadway Musical Extends Singapore Season (superadrianme.com)
- Your Essential Guide to Savour 2012 (superadrianme.com)
- Women’s Day out at Robinson’s, Marina Bay Sands (superadrianme.tumblr.com)