Sony A7 II is the world’s first full frame sensor interchangable lens camera with optical 5-axis image stabilisation that makes handheld low-light shooting at slower shutter speeds becomes possible. Staying competitive at price point, Sony A7 II will be available at all Sony Store, Sony Centre and selected authorised dealers in Singapore at S$2,149 (body only) and S$2,549 (with SEL2870 lens).
If you purchase the α7 II from 12 to 21 December 2014, you will receive the NP-FW50 Rechargeable Battery Pack and SF-64UY SDXC UHS-1 Memory Card for free.
Here’s a video on the 5-axis image stabilisation in action:
The Sony A7 II offers outstanding image quality in a compact size and light build, and it carries on the traditions of the α7 series, which includes the world’s smallest and lightest interchangeable-lens full-frame camera. A 24.3 effective megapixel 35 mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor moves along five axes to compensate for camera shake, providing optical image stabilisation equivalent to up to 4.5 steps faster shutter speed of correction for still images. Shooting sharp handheld stills and video is now possible under conditions that may have required a tripod in the past. In this and other scenarios, users can enjoy beautifully rendered images from the full-frame sensor with the convenience of image stabilisation. In-camera image stabilisation also offers sharper images for those using Sony’s A-mount lenses on an optional lens adapter.
Sony A7 II Key Features
- Eliminate shaky photos with the A7 II’s 5-axis image stabilization – the world’s first full-frame camera with such capabilities
- The high performance fast hybrid autofocus allows for rapid, accurate subject tracking, making for a smoother photographic experience
- The 24.3-megapixel 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor delivers incredible high-resolution images, with superb sensitivity even in low light conditions
- The BIONZ X image processing engine delivers stunning detail reproduction and minimises noise for clear, precise shooting
- Professional video features such as XAVC-S recording and excellent audio capabilities make quality movie making possible
- Experience enhanced connectivity with the A7 II’s NFC and Wifi capabilities, as well as Sony’s PlayMemories Camera Applications
Sony A7 II Image Quality Test
The Sony A7 II shows incredible handheld stabilisation that even shooting at 1/4 second or even 0.4 second shutter speed, the overall image looks presentable if you are not too particular of sharpness at 100% crop. The high ISO performance is also excellent with acceptable range of noise and lose of details at even ISO 12800. See the examples below.
5-Axis Image Stabilisation
High ISO Test