28 July 2011, Singapore – The Samsung W200 waterproof Pocket Cam is designed to be taken anywhere to capture brilliant video in the toughest conditions, particularly underwater. Especially created for those whose active lifestyles demand both durability and quality, it houses Samsung’s leading imaging technology in a shock, water and dust-proof rugged body.
The W200 is built with a 5 megapixels BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor, which delivers double sensitivity of conventional CMOS sensors, capturing footage with dramatically reduced image noise and distortion. Along with this, the W200 has a bright F2.2 lens which provides the ability to shoot during low-light conditions for stunningly clear and sharp images. The camcorder shoots in Full HD resolution to capture every moment in rich, dynamic detail and displays your video on a 2.3” 230K clear pixel LCD screen.
The W200’s anti-water drop coating also allows the LCD screen to remain free from condensation, for filming to be done easily without wiping the screens in damp conditions. The lens also features anti-fog coating for steam to disperse for clear and sharp videos and pictures even after coming out of the water. The W200 also has an Aqua Mode setting, which automatically sets the ideal parameters for the bright and clear underwater video.
With Samsung’s Record Pause feature, users can pause briefly during filming and resume from the exact same moment. When filming is complete, footage will be stored in the same file, which makes uploading and sharing hassle-free. To enjoy more fun with filming, the W200 has two special Smart Filter features. Vignetting allows users to fade the edges of shots and Fish-Eye setting creates an arty, distorted feel for unique and interesting footage. In addition, it also comes with a built-in USB arm to share your adventure with your loved ones while you are away.
W200 is now available in Red and Titanium at S$299 at all major retail outlets.
- 5 megapixels BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor
- F2.2 lens
- 2.3” 230K (QVGA) LCD display
- Video Recording: 1920×1080
- Photo Resolution: 5.5 megapixels
- Storage: Micro SD/SDHC
- Battery: 1300mAh (up to 2 hrs)
- Dimension: 60mm x 113mm x 19.7mm
- Weight: 130g
- Features: Waterproof (3m), Shockproof (2m), Dustproof
- Built-in USB
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and SII Singapore launch date and price (superadrianme.com)
- Microsoft Surface Demo on Samsung SUR40 – Touchscreen Evolution (superadrianme.com)
- Get the Party Started With Sonar (superadrianme.com)
- Photo Review: Panasonic LUMIX DMC FT3 Waterproof Outdoor Camera (superadrianme.com)