AXA Shield will be launched on 1 May 2016. The Medisave-approved Integrated Shield Plan will offer the longest post-hospitalisation coverage in the market.
AXA Life Insurance Singapore has become the sixth and newest insurer in Singapore to become an approved provider of Integrated Shield Plans, which provides additional private health insurance coverage for Singaporeans on top of MediShield Life.
Premiums can be paid with Medisave up to certain limits.
Three AXA Shield Plans
- Plan A offers hospitalisation coverage in private hospitals, 365 days of post-hospitalisation coverage, 180 days of pre-hospitalisation coverage, annual limit of S$1million, letter of guarantee service of up to S$100,000 for hospitalisation in private hospitals, if referred through the AXA Shield panel of specialists.
- Plan B offers hospitalisation coverage in single-bedded wards in public hospitals, 365 days of post-hospitalisation coverage, 180 days of pre-hospitalisation coverage, annual limit of S$550,000 and letter of guarantee service of up to S$15,000 for hospitalisation in public hospitals.
- Standard plan offers identical benefits across all integrated Shield Plan insurers, hospitalisation coverage in four-bedded wards in public hospitals, annual limit of S$150,000 and letter of guarantee service of up to S$15,000 for hospitalisation in public hospitals.
AXA Shield will offer up to 365 days of Post Hospitalisation Coverage for recovery from major illnesses such as cancer, stroke and heart attacks depending on the stage and severity of illness and unforeseen relapses.
AXA Shield Plan A with private hospital coverage offers the highest annual limit in the market of S$1 million. AXA Shield Plan B with coverage for single bedded ward in public hospitals offers the highest annual limit in its category at S$550,000.
AXA Care Riders
Instead of only one optional rider, which is the norm for Integrated Shield Plan buyers, AXA has unbundled their rider benefits offering three different riders.
- AXA Basic Care offers first-dollar coverage without deductible and co-insurance components. AXA Basic Care reimburses you the deductible and co-insurance costs incurred.
- AXA General Care covers you for a full suite of medical treatments including Traditional Chinese Medicine, Planned Overseas Medical Treatments and Emergency Outpatient Treatment due to accidents. Coverage for accommodation charges for a member of the insured’s immediate family should the insured by hospitalised.
- AXA Home Care is unique to AXA offering convenience to you in the comfort of your home. It covers visits to your home by a General Practitioner, home nurse and home care medical services including physiotherapy.
Find out more and to sign up from 1 May 2016 at axa.com.sg.