Share, a Singapore-based mental health app by TheShareCo, allows individuals to seek affordable and accessible online therapy anonymously. The counselling on-demand app combines discovery, booking, consultation, review and payment all within one single application.
Share, a company of Tueetor, was created by the same team behind Tueetor and 10-Min Tutor.
In 2020, there was an alarming increase in suicide death among those 10 to 19 years of age in Singapore, by near 40%, with the elderly hitting a 30-year high. In a mental health survey conducted in 2021 across 10 countries — Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Singapore and India, to name a few — it was revealed that 58% did not seek help for clinical level challenges. For non-clinical, it was a staggering 84%. 34% attributed that to a lack of knowledge of what kind of help to seek or where to get it. 28% were not confident in mental health treatment. 22% did not want people to know and feared the stigma. 17% felt a lack of affordability.
“Never mind that stress-related illnesses cost Singapore’s economy S$3.2 billion annually. Precious human lives are at stake here, and I feel strongly that if we can help tackle the issue in any way, particularly through technology, we should explore it earnestly. One life lost is one too many.”Tan Han Sing, founder of TheShareCo.
Share Mental Health App Features
Share addresses these with features that include –
- Instant Confirmation – No need to fill in pre-consultation questionnaires or long anxious waits for an appointment date. Bookings are confirmed by therapists over the Share app, be it to chat now or in the next hour.
- Stay Anonymous – Access the Share app without registering. Fill in the essential information to get the therapist started. You have the option to leave the device camera on or off, throughout the session.
- 100% Trusted and Qualified – All therapists are trained and certified by recognised institutions, each with a minimum Master’s degree.
- Simple Tech and Useful Tools – Share raises the bar with its built-in videotelephony module, accompanied by pioneering annotation and chat tools to ensure that every session is as interactive as it is effective. There’s no third-party meeting app to install. Share is also accessibility-friendly, allowing Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) to receive much-needed counselling support too.
- One Flat, Low Price – Share charges one flat, affordable price of S$120 per session for group or individual counselling. Packages are also available. The Value package of 2 sessions is priced at S$233 or Essential with 4 sessions at S$456.
Mental Health Issues Covered by Share Mental Health App
You get to speak to a therapist based on a set of different issues including:
- General (I just want to be happier)
- Anxiety and Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma and PTSD
- Transition and Goal