9 March 2012, Singapore – Promoting environmentally-responsible behaviour for a sustainable future, the festival encourages properties to be energy efficient by switching off non-essential lighting and turning up air-conditioning temperatures.
Expect a host of interactive fringe events and activities which include free artist talks, weekend night carnivals and photography workshops at the i Light Marina Bay 2012. Don’t miss the free Light Walk Trail nightly from today to 1 April, 7.30 to 11.00pm to explore the specially curated route designed by the curatorial team which covers all 31 art installations.
1. Light Walk Trail
Nightly from 9 March to 1 April | 7.30pm to 11.00pm | Marina Bay | Free
Explore the light art installations at your own leisurely pace. Curated by Festival Director Mary-Anne Kyriakou and Co-Curators Charmaine Toh and FARM.
2. Free Guided Tours
Fridays to Sundays from 9 March to 1 April | 7.30pm, 8.30pm, 9.30pm | Free
Join our guided tours available on the weekends and discover more about the dazzling light art installations around the Bay! There are two routes to choose from and each covers a different set of artworks. Registration closes a day before on the festival website or 30 minutes before the tour at the Info Kiosk.
3. Boat Taxis
Fridays to Sundays from 10 March to 1 April | Boats depart every 15 minutes between 7.30pm to 10.00pm | $4 per pax per trip
Want a different view? Hop on the water taxi to get around the Bay.
More photos available here
- i Light Marina Bay 2012 – Asia First And Only Sustainable Light Art Festival (superadrianme.com)
- Women’s Day out at Robinson’s, Marina Bay Sands (superadrianme.tumblr.com)
- WICKED, The Broadway Musical Extends Singapore Season (superadrianme.com)
- Review: WICKED, The Broadway Musical – Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Andy Warhol Works At ArtScience Museum (superadrianme.com)
- Peranakan Antiques by Private Collectors at the Intan (superadrianme.com)