AIA Singapore has invested over S$5 million in different community initiatives to comprehensively support Singaporeans throughout 2020. Holistic efforts to make quality healthcare accessible to all, providing monetary assistance for their employees, boosting the mental resilience of working Singaporeans amid a trying time for mental health, and creating employment opportunities in the financial sector.
The life insurer has also been practicing corporate social responsibility having raised S$550,000 for their two adopted charities, Children’s Wishing Well and the VIVA Foundation for Children with Cancer. This is on top of AIA Singapore’s multi-million dollar investment in keeping the community resilient as Singapore transitions to its Phase 3 reopening.
Part of a regional AIA #ShareTheLove movement taking place across Asia, the campaign, besides offering complimentary AIA #ShareTheLove insurance plans, includes fundraisers for the two beneficiaries. AIA Singapore continues to support disadvantaged children and youths, raising funds to progress education, groceries, wellness and enrichment programmes. This year, they also expanded on their giving commitment, partnering with the VIVA Foundation for Children with Cancer to support fundraising efforts for pediatric cancer research.
AIA Singapore is doubling down on their commitment to help ensure quality healthcare is accessible to all. The insurer is extending comprehensive support to ensure the community’s physical and mental wellness are well-supported during this exceptional period.
Throughout 2020, AIA Singapore has invested millions into providing necessary coverage, services, and support to keep Singaporeans protected against infectious diseases and health risks prevalent in the pandemic. These initiatives include:
- Free COVID-19 special coverage for 2.6 million customers, employees and their dependents, and AIA Insurance Representatives. Of which, about 500 customers who suffered from COVID-19 received financial help for the medical bills. This special coverage will also be extended till the end of June 2021.
- Gift of Care campaign, to provide customers with free access to tele-consultation services provided by WhiteCoat.
- Providing 50,000 medical tele-consultations for AIA HealthShield Gold Max policyholders.
- Invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in the “Resilience Mindset” programme for corporate customers, a four-week course that aims to improve the mental wellbeing of employees. Since November 2020, this quarterly programme is accessible to 1.2 million members of the Singapore workforce, helping them cope better with working from home through the practice of positive habits daily.
- Insuring over 200,000 individuals against dengue through free AIA Dengue Defence Cover product coverage, paying out claims to 447 policyholders.
- Providing over 20,000 individuals with protection against infectious diseases through the AIA #ShareTheLove insurance plan.
- Participating in a drive to provide 5,000 care packages to healthcare workers–a thank you to our silent heroes, the brave frontliners.
In line with continued efforts by the government of Singapore to create and protect jobs for locals across sectors, AIA Singapore allocated significant funds to support their employees while working from home and generate career opportunities for aspiring professionals:
- Investing S$2 million to create 500 new jobs through the AIA Financial Career Scheme, which provides in-depth training and financial support to fresh grads and mid-career switchers.
- Investing S$1.5 million in the work-from-home assistance scheme, wherein all of 1,488 AIA Singapore employees received $1,000 to get enhance their remote work set-up.
- Investing in new stress and wellness management training for more than 350 of people managers in AIA Singapore. These help them identify common mental health issues and learn how to appropriately support their staff in good times and bad.
- Giving all AIA Singapore employees an additional day-off this year to encourage them to focus on their personal wellbeing.
|#ShareTheLove Campaign — AIA Charity Golf Virtual Challenge||Now in its 5th year, AIA raised hundreds of thousands in the virtual edition of its annual key fundraising event. Made possible by the generous support of AIA’s business partners, staff, and financial representatives, AIA raised an exceptional amount in this challenging year alone. The annual event has garnered more than $1 million since 2016.|
|#ShareTheLove Campaign — Donation Matching||AIA Insurance Representatives pledged their support by donating a portion of their policy sales from September to October 2020 to continue doing their part for the community.|
|Grocery donation drive during circuit breaker||AIA rallied staff, insurance representatives, and customers to help ease the financial burdens of their affected community at the height of the circuit breaker period. The proceeds helped fund groceries for the Children’s Wishing Well beneficiaries.|
|Sale of AIA Buddy Kids Christmas Merchandise (Sale period: November-December 2020)||All proceeds from the purchase of the AIA Buddy Kids packs will go to the VIVA Foundation for Children with Cancer. Buddy is AIA’s trusty sidekick and learning mate that is encouraging kids to recognise the value of being active, eating right, and being financially healthy.|
AIA Singapore’s Singapore Premier League sponsorship have supported other members of the community, committing to making great strides in bringing football closer to the community with the focus of inspiring people to live active lifestyles.
Additional support extended by AIA Singapore amid COVID-19
- Offering customers instalment plans to pay their premiums via our AIA COVID-19 Support Programme.
- Expediting any claims relating to COVID-19 through a dedicated customer care team.
- Setting up a dedicated webpage on our AIA corporate website to provide updates on initiatives regarding COVID-19.
- Providing our distribution channels with access to digital platforms like iSmart and iResource, which enables them to tap into content on how to serve customers in COVID-19.
- Creating a Resilience Booster Challenge and Solidarity Rewards Challenge to provide extra incentives and to reward AIA’s agency force who continue to service the financial needs of fellow Singaporeans; additional relief supported has also been provided for selected AIA Insurance Representatives facing financial challenges.
- Rolling out paperless claim submissions amid heightened safe distancing rules.
- Designed the My AIA SG app to provide our customers access to their policy details, AIA Vitality Membership as well as allowing customers to make their premium payments via PayEZ.
- Co-designed a digital mindset cultural programme Digital Ei8ht to continue upskilling our employees, in addition to a LinkedIn Learning platform for employees.
- Initiated the #haveyoucheckedin movement — an effort to increase employee engagement and participation amid heightened social distancing in AIA Singapore’s Workplace by Facebook.
- Extended community support through a hand sanitizer on-ground giveaway.