AIA Singapore will be offering complimentary AIA #ShareTheLove insurance plans covering COVID-19 and 21 infectious diseases including dengue fever for the essential workforce.
From today, you can nominate a family member or friend who is an essential worker via Facebook or Instagram. Both parties in the selected stories will be provided with the free AIA #ShareTheLove Insurance.
How to Submit Your Story and #ShareTheLove for Essential Workforce
- Dedicate a social media photo or video post to a friend or family member (nominee) who is working in one of the essential/ permitted services (https://covid.gobusiness.gov.sg/guides/permittedserviceslist2.pdf listed on https://covid.gobusiness.gov.sg/permittedlist/) on your Facebook or Instagram page.
- Include a message of appreciation in at least 100 words to your nominee by telling us his/her story of resilience and why you think that insurance is the best gift for him/her in your photo post caption or video sharing;
- Tag @aiasingapore (Instagram)/ @singapore.aia (Facebook) and your nominee in the post;
- Include the hashtags #ShareTheLove and #AIASG; and
- Ensure that your social media profile or post is set to Public.
|Benefits||Coverage Amount (Lump Sum payout)|
|Hospitalisation Income Benefit A lump sum benefit will be paid out if the Insured Person is diagnosed and hospitalised in Singapore for a minimum of 3 days due to any of the covered 21 infectious diseases or COVID-19.||S$1,000|
|Non-Hospitalisation benefit A lump sum benefit will be paid out if the Insured Person is diagnosed in Singapore with any of the covered 21 infectious diseases after 14 days of policy inception.||S$50|
|Death benefit A lump sum benefit shall be paid upon death of the Insured Person due to any of the covered 21 infectious diseases or COVID-19 in Singapore.||S$10,000|
List of 21 Infectious Diseases:
- Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD)
- Dengue fever (DHF)
- Avian influenza or ‘bird flu’ due to influenza A viral strains H5N1, H9N2, H7N7, H7N9, or H1N1
- Anthrax infection
- Yellow fever
- Melioidosis or ‘soil disease’
- Legionnaires’ disease
- Nipah viral encephalitis
- Japanese viral encephalitis
- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) or ‘mad cow disease’
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
- Middle east respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- Zika virus
This is part of a regional AIA #ShareTheLove movement taking place across Asia. In Singapore, AIA is offering 2,000 complimentary #ShareTheLove Insurance plans as well as will be raising funds for AIA Singapore’s two adopted charities – Children’s Wishing Well and the VIVA Foundation. AIA Representatives are pledging their support by donating a portion of their policy sales during this period towards these two charities. AIA Singapore will match these donations.
Selected AIA policies sold during this period will enjoy the following benefits:
|Free AIA Retrenchment Cover||Automatic 12-month cover that waives premiums for eligible plans and its attaching premium-paying riders for 12 months upon involuntary retrenchment.|
|Discount of up to 25% on first year premiums||Enjoy up to 25% discount on the first year premiums|
|2 Free AIA #ShareTheLove Insurance Plans||Covers COVID-19 and 21 Infectious Diseases including dengue fever till 30 April 2021.|