15 January 2012, Singapore – Chinese New Year is just a week away and the preparations have already begun way in advance. Many have started their spring cleaning, food and beverage outlets have started dishing out their Chinese New Year menus, and dragon designs have been on the display counters of retailers.
Bread Society’s Japanese Head Chef Atsushi Murata has created a collection of Chinese New Year European-style breads to usher in the year of the dragon which are available till 6 February 2012. Check them out below and at their outlet at B2-19 ION Orchard.
Inspired from the festive year of the dragon, this multigrain dark rye creation has hints of dried longans and a crunchy dose of roasted almond.
Orange Cream Cheese
Reminds me of an egg tart, this pillow-soft buttery brioche envelopes velvety cream cheese infused with the tangy citrus notes of orange. A slice of orange dipped in sugar syrup providing the crowning glory.
A beautiful peony-inspired motif of strawberries adorns this pretty round loaf filled with silky custard cream.
Olive & Anchovy Baguette
The crusty exterior of the classic French baguette is studded with flavoursome anchovies and fragrant green olives.
Bak Kwa Reunion
The smoky bak kwa and aromatic sweet onion baguette is topped with parmesan cheese and baked to golden brown perfection.
- Starbucks VIA Ready Brew – High Quality Coffee On-The-Go (superadrianme.com)
- Savour 2012, Singapore Gourmet Fiesta with Michelin Chefs (superadrianme.com)
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with a Buffet at Azur at Crown Plaza Changi Airport (superadrianme.com)
- Crabtree & Evelyn Ang Pows Gift Pack (superadrianme.com)
- Loh Hei at Szechuan Court (superadrianme.com)
- Royal Plaza on Scotts Eight Treasures Lobster Yu Sheng (superadrianme.com)
- Celebrate Chinese New Year with Peach Blossoms (superadrianme.com)
- Usher In A Colourful And Gregarious Dragon Year At Jurong Bird Park (superadrianme.com)
- Usher In The Year of the Dragon at The Halia (superadrianme.com)
- Malaysian Food Street at Resorts World Sentosa opens on 12 January (superadrianme.com)