8 March 2013, Singapore – Canon introduces two new camcorders to their LEGRIA portfolio, the Canon LEGRIA HF G25 a “prosumer” camcorder while Canon LEGRIA HF R46 a small & handy lifestyle camcorder which features Canon’s new Baby Mode, providing parents with the optimum guidance and intuitive settings to help capture the baby in the best possible light for that precious moment.
Singapore availability and pricing have not been announced for both Canon LEGRIA HF G25 and HF R46.
Canon LEGRIA HF G25
The Canon LEGRIA HF G25 is a powerful camcorder that records high-quality Full-HD videos with improved hardware and new design features from its predecessor the Canon LEGRIA HF G10, which also features an array of manual functions and expandability options making it an ideal camcorder for many situations.
A newly designed lens hood with a built in hood barrier better protects the lens from scratches and keeps out flare from external light sources. This hood barrier flips open and close at the flick of a sliding switch, bypassing the inconvenient step of manually removing or replacing the lens cap.
- Enhanced 2.37 Megapixel HD CMOS Pro Imaging Sensor – 20% more sensitive than the sensor used on Canon LEGRIA HF G10
- DIGIC DV III Processor
- 30.4mm Wide-angle Lens
- 10x Optical Zoom
- Eight-blade Iris Diaphragm – to achieve professional-looking, circular, bokeh-blur effects
- 0.24” Electronic Viewfinder (260,000 dots resolution) – an essential design feature for shooting in bright and glaring environments.
- Intelligent IS System – featuring four IS modes – Dynamic mode, Powered IS, Macro IS and Tripod mode, for optimal stability
- 5 Audio Scene selections – automatically adjust the sound settings for optimal audio recording
- Built-in 32GB Internal Flash Memory
- Dual Memory Card Slots
- Supports only AVCHD Format
Canon LEGRIA HF R46
The Canon LEGRIA HF R46 is a lifestyle camcorder packed with automatic & innovative features to help capture your daily precious moments. With a 32x optical zoom, you can even capture the close up videos of your idol from the back of a concert hall.
Wirelessly control to the Canon LEGRIA HF R46 with your smart devices via the new CameraAccess app available for both iOS and Android platforms. Being DLNA-ready, the Wi-Fi enabled camcorder also allows users to stream and view videos effortlessly on DLNA-certified TVs.
New Baby Mode For Parents on Canon LEGRIA HF R46
It provides optimal settings to record a baby’s footages, such as the Pre REC, Intelligent IS and best picture settings for babies. The Pre REC Mode automatically captures a three-second video, even before the record button is pressed — this safeguards against parents missing a cute baby moment due to delayed reflexes.
By entering a baby’s birth date, the Canon LEGRIA HF R46 automatically calculates the number of days after the birth date and reflects it in timestamp. Additional stamps can also be added to indicate height and weight to further track the baby’s development. All videos recorded in Baby Mode are saved chronologically and automatically organised into the “baby album”, making it easy to differentiate the baby videos from the others.
- 3.28-megapixel HD CMOS Sensor
- New DIGIC DV 4 Processor
- 32x Optical Zoom with 53x Advance Zoom
- New Baby Mode
- WiFi Enabled
- Supports both AVCHD and MP4 Formats