Crafted from a solid block of aluminum, the new Leica T-System camera‘s unibody chassis is not just made to look chic, but also to make the camera last longer from wear & tear. To celebrate its 100 anniversary, the T-System will show Leica’s dedication to innovation, passion for technology and love of design all in one form.
Leica T-System is the first Leica to have built-in WiFi capabilities that allow users to control the camera or share the pictures via an iOS app on an Apple mobile device. It is also the first Leica camera to be featured with a LCD touchscreen with a suite of touch controls that will help users navigate through the camera with minimum dedicated buttons on the body. Like the Leica X Vario, the T-System comes with a 16 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor with ISO range from 100 to 12,500. At launch, there will only be two lenses available – 18-56mm f3.5-5.6 and 23mm f2. But the lens range can be expand by using a Leica M-Adapter T to mount Leica M-Lenses to the T-System camera.
Leica T-System Key Features
- 16 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-12500
- 3.7″ 1.3 million dot 16:9 touchscreen LCD
- Twin top-plate control dials
- Approx 5 fps continuous shooting
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD movie recording at 30 fps; built-in stereo microphones
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy image sharing, and remote control by smartphone or tablet
- Built-in 16GB memory
- Available in Anodized Black or Natural Aluminum Finish
The Leica T-System will be available in Singapore from 26 May 2014 at all authorised Leica retailers. The price will be as follows:
- Leica T-System camera with 18-56mm f3.5-5.6 – S$4,950
- Leica T-System camera with 23mm f2 – S$5,250
- Coloured Clip-On Case – S$94
- Coloured Rubber Neck Strap – S$111
- Electronic Viewfinder – S$765
Leica T-System ISO Test
Here are the 100% crop of pictures taken with Leica T-System camera from ISO 100 to 12,500. For original pictures and more test shots, visit our Flickr page.