27 May 2011, Singapore – Microsoft unveiled the Microsoft Surface on Samsung SUR40 during the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas on January 2011. Today, I finally got the chance to see the live demo of this evolutionary product. To cut the story short, I feel that Microsoft has delivered a wonderful product that brings user interface the the next level. Now, retail shops, showrooms and even schools can make use of Microsoft Surface to engage with their consumers and students using a more interactive solution. The Microsoft Surface is more than just a touchscreen PC, with the PixelSense technology. It allows the 40 inch LCD display to recognize fingers, hands and objects placed on it and that is processed and interpreted accordingly (Check out the Demo Video above).
About Samsung SUR40:
– 40 inch high definition screen with a 16:9, 1920×1080 display
– AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core Processor 2.9GHz
– AMD Radeon 6700M Series GPU with DirectX 11 support
– It will be available in 23 countries worldwide including: Singapore, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Korea, Norway, Netherlands, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, United Kingdom and USA, during late 2011 at an estimated retail price of US$8,600.
Microsoft Surface Experience:
Here’s a Microsoft Surface App build for Chanel’s new male fragrance Bleu de Chanel campaign. From
- Microsoft Hosts David Coulthard Meet and Greet Session (superadrianme.com)
- Hands on Review… Super Slim Samsung Notebook Series 9 (superadrianme.com)
- First Look… Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Galaxy S II (superadrianme.com)
- Interview with Jensen Ackles From SUPERNATURAL (superadrianme.com)
- Get the Party Started With Sonar (superadrianme.com)