12 July 2012, Singapore – I was recently on a travel assignment in Cebu, Philippines and managed to bring back the memories of my snorkeling adventure on video that was captured on Sony’s newest and latest camcorder – Sony’s first waterproof Full HD Handycam GW77 Camcorder.
In this article, you will get a a quick overview of the Sony Waterproof Handycam GW77 Camcorder from my experience.
- Crisp and sharp video quality
- 10x optical zoom – zoom in to reach the moon (See “Night & Low Light Video” below), and up to 120x on digital zoom
- 29mm wide angle view – landscape always look stunning with wide angle
- Waterproof, Dustproof, Shockproof – your everyday adventure camcorder (See “Underwater Video” below)
- Photo snapshots while recording a video – never miss a moment when making a video
- Light weight and Compact – pop it into your bag carry, when you need it you have it
- Low LUX mode – brightens up video taken during low light
- Touch Spot Focus and Touch Spot Metering manual control – no more overexposure or underexposure on the subject
- Subject Tracking Auto Focus – never lost focus on a moving subject
- Audio Quality is great – (See “Annie Musical Video” below)
- 16GB internal memory for fast recording – can expand with up to 32GB microSD/ microSDHC/ Memory Stick Micro card slot
- Stylishly designed – Many people cannot believe it is waterproof. General reaction will be “Where’s the waterproof case?”
- USB Charging – now you can use your smartphone juice pack to charge the camcorder when the battery is running out
- Zoom in & out speed are pressure controlled – buttons are a bit stiff so you need some getting used to
- Touchscreen controls are not sensitive when your hands are wet
Now check out the videos below and see for yourself. The videos were taken with the built-in microphone.
Night & Low Light Video: