13 April 2012, Singapore – Canon hopes to wow the motion picture industry with its new Canon EOS-1D C DSLR. With 4K resolution video recording (4,096 x 2,160 pixels) at a frame rate of 24p or record Full HD video (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) at a maximum frame rate of 60p, this is something to shout about. Comparing to the Canon EOS C300 digital cinema camera that was announced earlier this year, the Canon EOS-1D DSLR’s body is compact, lightweight and yet maintains the same exceptional still-image performance as Canon’s top full frame DSLR.
The Canon EOS-1D C will be available from end October 2012. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
Other features of the EOS-1D C include:
- 18.1MP full-frame CMOS sensor (36 x 24mm)
- Dual DIGIC 5+ image processor
- ISO 100 – 25,600 (video)
- ISO 100 – 51,200 (stills)
- Photographs at up to 12fps, and 14fps in Super High Speed Continuous mode.
- Super 35mm crop function, enabling video to be recorded in the industry-standard 35mm angle of view
National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) 2012
Canon will showcase prototypes of its Cinema EOS System product lineup at NAB Show 2012, one of the world’s largest events for the video, broadcasting equipment and digital media industries, from 16 to 19 April 2012 in Las Vegas, U.S.A. The lineup will include:
- EOS C500/EOS C500 PL Digital Cinema Camera – offering even higher levels of video image quality than the C300. The C500 is plan to launch in 2012
- 30-inch 4K Resolution Industrial Video Display – a video display capable of reproducing the high image quality and high definition of the 4k video
- Four New Digital Cinematography Zoom Lenses;
- CN-E15.5-47mm T2.8 L S (for EF mounts)
- CN-E15.5-47mm T2.8 L SP (for PL mounts)
- CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L S (for EF mounts)s
- CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L SP (for PL mounts)
- Canon Launches the EOS 5D Mark III (superadrianme.com)
- FUJIFILM X PRO1 Price and ISO Test (superadrianme.com)
- Nikon New 36.3-Million Pixel D800 / D800E Digital SLR Camera (superadrianme.com)