December 2011 – Global Blue, a VAT/GST refund services company operating in 40 countries around the world offers tax free shopping tips at 5 hottest destinations.
1. Barcleona, Spain
Experience the combination of rich historical, cultural heritage with a fantastic shopping experience. Barcelona is the place to go where you can explore the famous, walk-friendly 5km shopping line and shop at the famous Spanish brands such as Zara, Mango and Loewe. Sports fans can also catch a live El Classico match at the Nou Camp.
Global Blue Tax Free Shopping Tips in Spain
- Barcelona has a standard VAT rate of 16% minimum purchase amount EUR 90.15 (S$157.64)
- Period for obtaining a valid customs stamp: 3 months from the issuing date i.e. date of purchase.
2. Geneva, Switzerland
- Standard VAT rate of 8%
- Minimum purchase amount CHF300 (S$424.19)
- 30 days from issuing date to obtain valid customs stamp
- Valid customs stamp 1 year from the date stated on the stamp
3. Hokkaido, Japan
- Eligible price of 10,001yen (S$165.70) and up
- Tax exemption amount is the consumption tax amount of 5%
- Tax exemption methods are either by deducting 5% at the time of purchase or take all the receipts to the tax exemption counter, complete the exemption procedure, receive the tax portion in cash. Remember that your passport is required.
4. Jeju Island, Korea
A premier tourist destination in Korea offering visitors a wide range of activities from hiking on Halla-san (South Korea’s highest peak), catching sunrises and sunsets over the ocean, riding horses, touring all the locales from a favourite television K-drama to just lying around on the sandy, scenic beaches, waterfalls, cliffs and caves.
Global Blue Tax Free shopping tips in Korea
- 10% VAT rate with a minimum purchase amount of KRW 30,000 (S$32.86)
- 3 months customs stamp validity from the issuing date
- Tax free form is valid 3 months from issuing date and receipts/invoices do not need to be attached to the tax free form
- Goods must be purchased within 3 months of departure from Korea
5. Paris, France
- Minimum purchase amount of EUR175.01 (S$305)
- Period for collecting a valid customs stamp: 3 months from from issuing month
- Tax Free form validity with a valid customs stamp 6 months from issuing date
- Receipts and invoices need not be attached to the Tax Free Form
- Customs stamp obtainable from an official French or any other EU Customs stamp
- Johor Premium Outlets (superadrianme.com)
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur’s International Airport (superadrianme.com)