Orchard Central Named Best Dressed Building This Christmas

Posted by

Best Dressed Building - Orchard Central

Best Dressed Building – Orchard Central

As part of this year’s Christmas festivities “Christmas on A Great Street“, the malls at Orchard Road have been dressed up for the Best Dressed Building Contest. Orchard Central came in top position again with Paragon, Tanglin Mall and The Centrepoint tailing closely.

Orchard Central was transformed into a fanciful festive Town Square – a meeting point for the community to gather and make merry. Mosaic was the key design element while the gigantic mosaic art-piece made out of green recycled bottles and outlined with energy-saving LED was the highlight OC Christmas Tree. Paragon had a musically-inclined design concept, while Tanglin Mall displayed a traditional Christmas. At The Centrepoint, it was a whimsical wintry Christmas.

Best Dressed Building - Orchard CentralBest Dressed Building Runner Up - ParagonBest Dressed Building Runner Up - Tanglin MallBest Dressed Building Runner Up - Tanglin MallTheCentrepoint-001

The 11 participating malls include Forum The Shopping Mall, Grand Park Orchard, ION Orchard, Mandarin Gallery, Ngee Ann City, Orchard Central, Paragon, Tanglin Mall, [email protected] Plaza, The Centrepoint and Wisma Atria. Judging was based on night and day visual effect as well eco-friendly features. Decision from a panel of judges constituted 80% of the results while public voting via @Orchard app made up the remaining 20%. More than 40,000 votes were registered on the free app between 23 November and 8 December 2013. Six lucky winners who voted for the Overall Winner walked away with S$500 worth of shopping vouchers each.  Another 18 winners who voted for the three runners-up were rewarded with S$250 worth of shopping vouchers each.

Orchard Central also won S$40,000 in cash, while the other winners received S$15,000 in cash each.

Paragon was also named The Most MasterCard Friendly Mall for their display of MasterCard-related marketing materials. It won S$5,000 in cash.

You can still continue to enjoy Christmas rewards with MasterCard till 5 January 2014. Get rewarded with a S$10 shopping voucher with a minimum spend of S$200 on MasterCard credit or debit card at any of the 11 participating Orchard Road establishments.

Christmas eve evening, carollers from different churches around Singapore and the region will perform at the Mass Carolling on Orchard Road.  Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Celebrate Christmas in Singapore (CCIS) at the Grand Christmas Concert at 7.30pm on Christmas Day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

superadrianme.com Webutation
Google+