20 October 2012, Singapore – Too much fun, too little time to enjoy. With the five horror zones, three haunted house and all major rides open all night long, you will wish that Universal Studios Singapore could extend the operating hours for the Halloween Horror Nights 2. If you want to make the fullest of your four hours from 8pm to 12pm, it is highly recommend to pay the extra S$40 to get the Express pass to reduce the waiting time. Definitely worth paying for it.
Here is a quick point-to-point guide* to help spend your time wisely in USS Halloween Horror Nights 2.
*Proceed straight to the destinations, avoid wasting time in taking pictures, photography is best at the end on your way out.
- Destination 1: Dungeon of Damnation (entrance beside Monster Rock Theater) – this the MUST GO and the best haunted house among the three.
- Proceed to Sci-Fi City via New York Street – experience the Total Lockdown on New York Street, followed by highly recommended but optional ride on Battlestar Galactica Cyclon if the queue is not too long. It is a whole new experience to ride Cyclon at night.
- Destination 2: Insanitarium (at Waterworld) – Make a quick pass through Ancient Egypt as there’s nothing very happening there. Drink something before Insanitarium as it is going to be warm in this enclosed outdoor haunted house.
- Destination 3: Lost World – Ride the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure as the ambiance is so much more realistic at night compared to a day ride. Look for a locker, be prepared to get WET.
- Proceed back to Ancient Egypt – Time to rest and buy some snacks and drinks from Ancient Egypt and now you can spend. a while exploring Bizarre Bazaar at Ancient Egypt.
- Destination 4: Death Alley – This haunted house is actually optional, proceed only if you have extra time.
- Proceed to Total Lockdown or House of Dolls – As you slowly stroll out of the park. This is actually one of the best time to take pictures as it will be less crowded now and the scare actors roaming the streets will remain on the streets till the park is empty.
SUPERADRIANME.com Rating for Universal Studios Singapore Halloween Horror Nights 2:
- Photo opportunity: Still Limitless (but with more visitors, equals more time needed to wait for your chance to take pictures)
- Role Play by the actors: 10 out of 10 (well… Universal Studios are the experts in training actors & performers)
- Quality of Props Used: 9 out of 10 (overall props used were fantastic, but I felt that Death Alley’s kitchen props were not up to my expectations)
- Fun Factor: 10 out of 10 (with three haunted houses, and all major rides operating after dark, time just passes too quickly)
- Horror Ambiance: 9 out of 10 (the mood build up was good, with the crowd immersed in House of Dolls upon entering the park followed by the disaster zone on New York Street. But with Far Far Away, Sci-Fi City, Madagascar and Jurassic Park marked as safe zones, some Halloween mood was lost when passing through those zones)
- Scare Factor: 8 out of 10 (Dungeon of Damnation is a super cool haunted house with a suprise ending which I personally loved. Total Lockdown on New York Street and Death Alley does not have the impact to keep me engaged)
- Price Factor: 10 out of 10 (it is the most expensive Halloween ticket in town, but worth it for the rides you can take)