UnionPay International launched the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card, its first debit card with DBS Bank yesterday. Free sign up for the card online or at the branch starts from 3 June 2016. You can link the debit card to any DBS or POSB account. If you already have an existing card linked to your bank account, you can still apply for the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card.
The DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card is a multi-purpose card that is all-in-one including QuickPass Contactless payment, online payment and local transit applications. It is UnionPay’s launch of QuickPass in this region.
As part of UnionPay International’s expansion plan in Singapore, the new debit card offers the payment network access to DBS Bank’s customer base of over four million users.
UnionPay is also the new Official Card of The Great Singapore Sale 2016, DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit cardholders can enjoy discounts, privileges, rewards and giveaways at the annual sale event from 3 June to 14 August 2016.
Other benefits of the card include:
- Cashback for overseas and local spend
- Exclusive merchant deals in Singapore and globally including duty free shopping, complimentary hotel upgrades and dining and recreational offers around the world through UnionPay Global Privileges. UnionPay is accepted in 157 countries and regions globally with over 34 million POS and two million ATMs.
- 24-hour UnionPay Concierge service for shopping and dining, as well as medical and travel assistance at +6563364506
- Contactless payment with UnionPay QuickPass for purchases S$100 or less. Tap and go at QuickPass merchants islandwide including Doutor Coffee, Hockhua Tonics, SaladStop!…
- VIP service for Chinese Visa Application in Singapore at the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre at 80 Robinsons Road in Singapore.
Today, almost all ATMs and over 80% of merchants in Singapore already accept UnionPay cards.
“We are delighted to partner UnionPay International to be the first Singapore bank to introduce a new debit card designed for frequent travellers to China. The DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card marks the beginning of an important collaboration with UnionPay International, leveraging both the capabilities and coverage of the largest bank in Singapore and China’s most widely accepted interbank network. We believe our customers will appreciate the seamless experience of paying with their DBS debit card overseas while enjoying all the rewards and benefits that come with UnionPay International’s wide acceptance” shared Peter Seah, Chairman of DBS Group Holdings & DBS Bank,