25 July 2012, Singapore – DBS today unveiled their latest credit card offering targeted at the affluent female segment – DBS Woman’s World MasterCard Card. Having launched the DBS Woman’s Platinum MasterCard Card in 2004, the bank decided to launch this new card to complement the changing lifestyles and aspirations of the woman of today.
With the tagline “I am a Woman of the World“, the card recognises that women today are connected, independent and confident. They know what they want and will not settle for second best.
The card also comes with a PayPass chip that let’s you make contactless payments at participating merchant outlets, saving you time when paying.
Benefits of the DBS Woman’s World MasterCard
- Earn 10X DBS Rewards Points on online purchases
- Two monthly complimentary access to seven True Fitness and two True Yoga Centres
- Feed at Raffles Programme lets you enjoy 1-1 dining benefits at more than 28 restaurants and bars at Raffles Hotel, Fairmont Singapore, Swissotel The Stamford, Equinox Complex and Swissotel Merchant Court
- Complimentary access to Damai Spa at Grand Hyatt Singapore
- Complimentary Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Membership (usually takes 10 separate stays or 25 night stays to qualify)
- Complimentary comGateway Prime Membership Upgrade and 5% international shipping discounts
- Enjoy 6% off accommodation and hotel deals on hotels.com.sg
- Year-round fashion privileges and previews at Fox and G2000
DBS has done away with printed materials in the welcome pack that traditionally comes with the new card. Instead, the bank has developed a mobile app “DBS Woman’s” which is currently available for download from Apple’s App Store. It plans to roll out the app for other mobile platforms in the future.
Principal card S$180 | Supplementary card S$90 each.
You can save on the first year’s annual fee if you do not opt for the Feed at Raffles Class membership.
Interesting Online Shopping Findings
The growth of women shopping online has grown by 34.8% compared to 29.8% from their male counterparts in 2011 from the previous year. 50% of women surveyed have shopped online for more than three years or spend more than three to five times in a month online with more than 74% likely to shop again online in the next six month.
The online purchase categories frequented include clothing and accessories (62%), airline tickets (48%), hotel accommodation (42%), movie and concert tickets (37%). Online grocery shopping is on an increasing trend (19%).