3 August 2011, Singapore – Nokia announced the Nokia 500, an entry level touch screen smartphone that offers high quality and high performance without the high price. As the newest addition to Nokia’s range of Symbian-based devices, the Nokia 500 is built on the latest Symbian Anna user experience with enhanced software features, a faster Web browser and new Ovi Maps.
- Operating System: New Symbian Anna
- 1 GHz processor and WLAN for fast access to applications and entertainment
- 5 megapixels camera
- 3.2-inch capacitive touch display (640 x 360 pixels)
- 2GB of storage memory (expandable to 32GB with micro SD card)
- Interchangeable back covers
- Music player, stereo FM radio, internet radio
- Easy access to WLAN through home screen widget
- Ovi Maps with free global drive and walk turn by turn navigation
- Size: 111.3 x 53.8 x 14.1 mm
- Weight: 93g
The Nokia 500 also comes pre-loaded with some of the best music and entertainment apps such as Shazam Encore, Gig Finder, Lonely Planet and Michelin guides. This entry-level smartphone also boasts access to Nokia’s latest maps technology, optimized for social networking so users can check-in to locations around the world. Offline voice-guided walking and driving directions in over 80 countries help to avoid hefty data roaming charges.
The Nokia 500 is available from the third quarter of 2011 in black, quickly followed by the Nokia 500 white at the end of the year. Both will come with two different interchangeable back covers. New back covers with more colours and designs will also be available later this year. The Nokia 500 retails at EUR 150 before taxes and subsidies.
- Singtel Price Plan for HTC ChaCha – Most affordable social phone (superadrianme.com)
- Sony Ericsson launched Xperia ray & Xperia active (superadrianme.com)
- SHINee Concert In Singapore 10 Sept 2011 (superadrianme.com)
- ALPHAGEAR 101 – Turn Someone On! (superadrianme.com)