8 February 2012, Singapore – Olympus unveiled their new OM-D cameras today at 11am here, coinciding with the global launch. Showcasing only prototypes at the launch, owe are able to share the first looks of this new gadget.
- First mirrorless camera with a lightweight magnesium alloy body that is dust and splash-proof
- World’s first Five-axis image stabilisation to compensate for camera shake during both still photo and movie shooting
- Fast AF autofocusing system plus 3D tracking for improved moving object tracking performance
- Built-in Electronic viewfinder with high functionality that enables real-time checking of various shooting conditions
- 9.2 frames per second / 16.1 megapixel new Live MOS sensor and TruePic VI image processing engine
- Capacitative Touchscreen panel with fast response
- 3 inch OLED touchscreen that tilts and slides out so you get a live view
- Quieter shutter even at 9 frames per second
- Intelligent high sensitivity lets you shoot at 12,800 ISO
- Evolved Art Filters – New art filter “key line” and variations “Cross Process II” and “Dramatic Tone II”
- Two dial system that includes the Mode Dial and Main dial
New accessories are also being introduced:
- Power Battery Holder HLD-6 – designed exclusively for the OLYMPUS OM-D which accommodates one BLN-1 Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery.
- Grip Strap GS-4 – helps you improve holding capability
- AC Adapter AC-3 – This 2.3metre long cord is used exclusively with the HLD-6 Power Battery Holder
- Eyecup EP-11 – large eyecup to improve the view of the viewfinder shutting out extraneous light
- Lithium-ion Rechargeable battery BLN-1, Lithium-ion Battery charger BCN-1 – Recharging over 500 times in about 3 hours each time.
- Electronic Flash FL-600R – High light intensity with a maximum guide number of 50 (ISO200-m) or 36 (ISO100-m). Reduced recharge time from its predecessors. Comes with cross-cursor key and a control dial on its rear panel. Allows for LED movie light for use during movie recording and is powered by four AA-sized batteries.
- Underwater Case PT-E08 – great for underwater photography at depths up to 45 metres. It employs a waterproof lens port that is bayonet-mounted and replaceable.
- Four Thirds Mount Adapter MMF-3 – Allows you to mount the Super High Grade and High Grade series lenses
The camera is slated to hit stores in Singapore in end March 2012 in Black and Silver, pricing is not available as yet.