AXA Insurance’s travel insurance AXA SmartTraveller has been enhanced to include COVID-19 cover starting from 1 December 2020. Both existing and new AXA SmartTraveller customers will be covered by benefits related to COVID-19 including medical expenses, hospitalisation allowance and quarantine allowance while overseas as well as emergency medical evacuation and repatriation, pre-departure trip cancellations and postponement, and trip curtailment or rearrangement losses.
This comes one week after NTUC Income added coverage for COVID-19 for overseas travel.
AXA offers two plans – The Essential and Comprehensive plans with different coverage limits for the same range of benefits.
|Benefit||Essential Plan Coverage Limit||Comprehensive Plan Coverage Limit|
|1||Overseas Medical Expenses||Up to S$50,000 per person||Up to S$100,000 per person|
|2||Overseas Hospitalisation Allowance||S$100 per day, up to S$1,000||S$100 per day, up to S$2,000|
|3||Overseas Quarantine Allowance||S$50 per day, up to S$350||S$50 per day, up to S$700|
|4||Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation||Full cover||Full cover|
(a) Trip Cancellation
(b) Trip Postponement
|6||Trip Curtailment or Rearrangement||S$2,000||S$4,000|
You will be covered under these scenarios:
- Fails temperature screening at departure gate at the airport and has to cancel the trip. Certified to be infected with COVID-19 subsequently.
- Tests positive for COVID-19 and requires hospitalisation during the trip
- Forced to be quarantined due to COVID-19 infection whilst overseas
- Forced to cancel trip as the sole travelling companion tested positive for COVID-19
- Has to rearrange itinerary whist overseas as there are no flights due to COVID-19
You WILL NOT be covered under this circumstance:
- Cancels the trip in compliance with Singapore government advisory against travel to the specific destination
- If the general entry requirement for all inbound visitors is to self-isolate/quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in the country, quarantine allowance is not covered
- Cost of Polymerase Chain Reaction test (or swab test) if the result is negative
- Cruise holidays
- One-way trips