Etihad Airways new Premium Lounge at Melbourne Airport Terminal 2 adjacent to gate 10 officially opened today. The new lounge offers a stylish, comfortable environment for guests of The Residence, First Apartments and Business Studios to relax, re-energise, dine, work or be entertained before taking off. Platinum, Gold and Silver Etihad Guest members and eligible members of Etihad Airways Partners and partner airline loyalty programmes will be able to use the lounge when travelling in Economy Class.
The over 800sqm lounge can seat up to 133 guests making it the airline’s largest Premium Lounge outside Abu Dhabi. The airline will commence A380 services from 1 June this year. This lounge will be able to accommodate its customers flying on the A380 aircraft.
- Natural light filled space with floor-to-ceiling glass with views across the runway
- Intimate 26-seat dining area where guests can enjoy restaurant-style a la carte dining and an international buffet
- A sculptural showcase bar is stocked with Victorian makers’ wines and over 70 premium spirits, champagne and aperitifs
- A bespoke cocktail menu is available. The cocktails are developed in partnership with leading London-based beverage consultancy Fluid Movement
- Custom furnishings by Boss offer guests a choice of seating styles
- Hi Speed Wi-Fi connectivity is complimentary
- Mutli-zone electric and USB power outlets are conveniently located throughout the lounge
- A separate male and female restroom with shower facilities and Scaramouche + Fandango products
- Dedicated male and female ablution and prayer rooms
- A children’s playroom
- A luggage room
Guests in The Residence will enjoy the exclusivity of a private lounge which is discreetly located adjacent to the main lounge entry.
The lounge will open approximately three hours prior to the departure of Etihad Airways’ twice daily Melbourne – Abu Dhabi flights.
Pingback: Etihad Airways A380 Takes Off For Melbourne »