Singapore, 4 September 2010 – Chunk Fest is the one and only hippie-themed ice cream festival held annually in Singapore since 2008. Celebrating all things good – peace, love and of course, Vermont’s finest ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s, Chunk Fest delivers a fun-filled day of activities including music and games for all to enjoy. This year the Chunkfest was held at the Promontory at Sands, it was a cloudy Saturday which was perfect for people to picnic and walk around to redeem the moolahs for exclusive Ben & Jerry premiums. However, the lack of a beautiful sky caused the photos to look this way. Would have been better with a bright and clear sky.. Overlooking the Marina Bay
We were entertained with moo-licious ice cream and games. Those who stayed after dark enjoyed the hip local music from the 3 bands that fans voted previously out of 5 bands. Check out the photos from the event.
Out of the 12 flavours that were specially flown in for Chunk Fest 2010, Hannah Teter’s Maple Blondie flavor will be staying in Singapore and be sold in all local scoop-shops and stores, based on popularity votes.
Hannah Teter’s Maple Blondie is maple ice cream with blonde brownie pieces in a maple caramel swirl. It is a tribute to Olympic gold medallist Hannah Teter. She was endearingly remembered as the unstoppable snowboarder from Vermont who was on a mission to make a difference in the world’s poorest communities through her nonprofit Hannah’s Gold.
I was very pleased with the memorabilia I received.
A little facts about Ben & Jerry’s Brand Champ – Benjamin Tng
- Ben joined Ben & Jerry’s as its brand champ in January 2009.
- Ben launched “What’s Inside that Counts” global campaign and “Do the world a flavour” global contest in Singapore
- Ben set a legendary record by giving out 50,450 scoops of ice cream to Ben & Jerry’s super fans during this year’s Free Cone Day.
- Ben is concerned about educating the youth on a conscientious consumer culture – traveling to Republic, Temasek and Singapore Polytechnic to educate youths about Fair Trade and a Conscientious Consumerism Culture.
- Ben’s hobbies include traveling, playing the piano and having a good time.
- Ben’s motto is “work hard, play hard” as he tries to implement a fun and vibrant work culture at Ben & Jerry’s.
- Ben comes from Wall’s ice cream division where he worked for 5 years. There, he was responsible for developing the business in the retail sector and enhancing Wall’s Ice Cream brand within its category
Related articles by Zemanta
- Ben & Jerry’s Samples The Double Rainbow. Blippy Calls “FIRST!” (techcrunch.com)
Photo credits: (without watermark) – Ben & Jerry’s