23 July 2011, Singapore – With the popularity of Apple’s iOS devices and iPods, many are searching for the sleek set of docking speakers to compliment their handheld devices. Philips recently launched their Fidelio docking speakers which are small enough to fit any room without compromising the ultimate, full-fidelity listening experience.
Specs in a glance:
- Omni-directional sound
- Neodymium speakers
- LED clock display
- Automatic syncing of clock when iPod/iPhone/iPad is docked
- Charging of iPod/iPhone/iPad when docked
- USB charging port to charge a secondary mobile devices when docked (5V)
- Soft glow night light
- Dedicated app available on the App Store (App name: Fidelio)
- Dimension: 208 x 140 x 82 mm
- Retail at S$199 at all major electronic retailers
- iPhone Compatible: iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
- iPad Compatible: iPad & iPad 2
- iPod Compatible: iPod, iPod classic, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod nano 1st Generation, iPod nano 2nd Generation, iPod nano 3rd Generation, iPod nano 4th Generation, iPod nano 5th Generation, iPod shuffle, iPod touch, iPod touch 2nd Generation, iPod touch 2nd Gen 8/16/32GB, iPod with color display, iPod 5th Generation, iPod nano 6th generation
The Philips Fidelio DS1200 is a basic alarm clock docking speaker, that has a simple and sleek form factor which makes it blend with any interior design without looking awkward. The quality of the sound produced are of decent clear quality for the price you pay for. And with the omni-directional sound system, it can be placed in the middle of the room and still get the same sound quality from all directions.
DS1200 is made to be simple and easy to use. All it needs is to plug in your device and the clock is automatically synced. The speaker comes with basic controls for volume up down, clock and night light brightness adjustments. If you prefer a stronger bass for your dance tracks, just go to iPod/iPhone/iPad settings to select the suitable preset equalizer settings. Voila, with that you are ready to groove to the music.
The extra USB port comes in very handy for the charging of a secondary mobile device and saving you a messy table filled with cables. The speaker also docks the iPad 2 perfectly making it “one docking speakers fits all”.
- Philips O’Neill headphones made for active lifestyle (superadrianme.com)
- Philips NEW Candy Pop In-Ear Headsets (superadrianme.com)
- Review: Altec Lansing Octane 7 (VS4621) 2.1 Speaker System (superadrianme.com)