13 November 2011, Singapore – What do New York, Fashion and Lenovo have in common? Well that was why I was in New York on September 8th to investigate.
[We’re giving away ONE Lenovo IdeaPad U300s bundle in the month of December 2011 to usher in the new year. Click here for details]
It was the annual one-night-only fashion event dubbed Fashion Night Out. As part of the New York Fashion week, Fashion Night Out is a night of glamour to meet the stars, celebrities and other famous personalities in the fashion spots of downtown New York.
Flying in 18 hours from Singapore after almost 11 hours of flight delay, I finally touched down at Newark Airport in New Jersey and made my way to Saks Fifth Avenue to check out the Lenovo Lounge.
Lenovo was launching the new category of ultra-slim and ultra-responsive luxury IdeaPad U300s Ultrabook.
The powerful and productive yet stylish U300s Ultrabook is created with the Intel Core i7 processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. The Intel Core i7 targets high end consumer laptop computers and is advertised as five stars in the Intel Processor Rating.
The IdeaPad U300s is described as “the perfect luxury accessory this season, liberating fashionistas on the go to combine productivity and entertainment in one stylish device” by Lee Chown How, Lenovo Singapore’s Country General Manager.
This baby boots up in 10 seconds with the Enhanced Experience 2.0 RapidDrive SSD technology!! Groovy!! This laptop is not only fast, it is also only 14.9mm thin and created from a single-piece aluminium shell weighing 1.32 kg with its four cell battery. You can also enjoy 8 hours of productive usage or 30 days on standby.
- Super Slim Book Shaped
- Designer touches – cool-touch palmrest, glass touchpad and full-aluminium shell
- Long Life Battery
- Breathable keyboard – Intel Advanced Cooling Technology allows the Laptop to run cooler on your lap by allowing airflow through its keyboard. Individual rounded AccuType keys let’s you type with fewer errors
- Two colours to choose from – You can choose between the swanky clementine orange or lavish graphite grey
The IdeaPad U300s will probably be available at SITEX end this month. Pricing is not yet available.
Memories of New York
Albeit spending only 2 days in New York, it was still a memorable visit back to America since I graduated from Oregon in 1994. You can imagine the euphoria as I cleared immigration and cabbed my way from the airport to the hotel! Scenes of Sex & The City flashed in my mind. I was mesmerized by the tall skyscrapers while stuck in traffic and the tight security because it was also the 10th year after the fateful September 11th terrorist attack of the Twin Towers.
I managed to squeeze some time to take the Circle Line Sightseeing cruise with the other bloggers from other parts of the world. We checked out the Statue of Liberty for the first time on the boat as well as the cityscape.
Managed to visit Best Buy to get the Eye-Fi card and StarBucks to get flavours of VIA that are not available in Singapore.
And not forgetting all that food and drink!
So what does New York, Fashion and Lenovo have in common? It was the memorable experience and glamour and luxury of the three that remains deeply ingrained within me, if I could say “I left my heart in New York”. More photos will be uploaded on to our Facebook Fan Page.
We will be giving away one Lenovo IdeaPad U300s Laptop. Stay tuned or better yet, subscribe to our email newsletter (from the top right column) to receive updates in your email.
This trip was sponsored by Lenovo.
- Buffet Alert: Fisherman’s Market Opens in Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Remembering September 11: 10 Years Later (superadrianme.com)
- Canon PowerShot S100 More Than Just An Upgraded With DIGIC 5 Image Processor (superadrianme.com)
- Amber Lounge – The Hottest Party In Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- H&M Singapore Opens 3rd September 2011 (superadrianme.com)
- Best Model Of The World Singapore Goes To Richmond Ang & Sharin Keong (superadrianme.com)