4 November 2011, Singapore – Zouk was packed tonight for the finals of the Best Model Of The World 2011 competition. 12 guys and 12 gals competed for the title. 24 year old Bachelor of Sports Science undergraduate Richmond Ang and 19 year old former pageant queen Sharin Keong emerged as the winners.
Sharin Keong has previously picked up pageant titles such as Miss Singapore Global Beauty 2010, Miss Singapore Leisure World 2010 and Miss Fitness 2010. Her experience from the other competitions have definitely paved the way for this new victory. Sharin is currently studying Early Childhood Education in poly.
As for Richmond Ang, he is also currently involved in the 8 Days Shirtless Guys Search 2011. Good luck for that too if you get into the top 10 and subsequently the finals on 26 November 2011.
The two winners won themselves cash prize of S$1,500 each, a paid trip to Turkey to participate in the international contest, a modeling contract with +3 Models and up to S$10,000 worth of prizes from the sponsors.
At the judging table were local couture fashion designer Francis Cheong, Mrs Ida Ong from IMP International, Yeoh Wee Teck from The New Paper. Nuyou magazine’s fashion Editor Terence Lee, Peterangel from The School of Make-up, Robin Chook from Salon Royale and Dr Joseph See from SEE Medical Aesthetics.
There were also other subsidiary titles.
- Best Look by +3 Models – Aaron Ng and Sharin Keong both win a contract with +3 Models and a S$250 voucher from Touche Spa
- Best Shot by Crossroads Photography – Shawn Ng and Sharin Keong both win a portfolio photoshoot
- Best Skin by Sleek Aesthetic Studio – Richmond Ang and Sharin Keong both win a S$250 Sleek Aesthetic Studio voucher
- Best Hair by Clear (Shampoo) – Richmond Ang and Sharin Keong both get a hamper from Clear Shampoo and will be featured in a magazine by the brand
- Best Physique by by Maximuscle – Richmond Ang gets S$500 worth of Maximuscle products
- Best Legs by Maxitone – Adelina Eliza gets S$500 worth of Maxitone products
- Best Facebook Popularity by Greenhills Entertainment – Shawn Ng gets S$200 cash
- Best Internet Popularity by Body Inc – Sharin Keong gets a S$500 voucher from Body Inc
Q. What are your immediate emotions?
- Richmond: Shocked, Ecstatic.
- Sharin: Happy
Q. Did you expect to win?
- Richmond: I joined Best Model of the World competition more for the experience. I didn’t expect to win this.
- Sharin: Win or lose doesn’t matter. As long as you enjoy the experience. I didn’t expect to win except for the internet popularity because I could see the results online. My friends and family were very supportive.
Q. What are your plans after the competition?
Richmond and Sharin: Preparation for the International competition in Turkey. Richmond: If I get into the top 10, I’ll be involved in the finals on 26 November then subsequently will be heading to Turkey.
Q. Are you looking forward to the Finals in Turkey?
Richmond: Have not been to Istanbul and feeling a little scared because in Singapore pageants, the competition is among friends and it is easier to communicate where as overseas there may be communication breakdowns.
Sharin: Begs to differ as through past experience in Korea for Miss Global Beauty 2010 has proven that communication is not that difficult. There may be some misunderstandings but then again, generally people are rather friendly which is contrary to the bitchy behaviour that many expect the scene to be.
Here are the 12 guys:
- Shawn Ng – 19 year old Student, 1.77m
- Gian Yisong – 22 year old Student, 1.79m
- Koh Bin – 23 year old Student, 1.85m
- Richmond Ang – 24 year old Undergraduate, 1.80m
- Ricky Khoo – 23 year old Stylist, 1.75m
- Joe Chan – 25 year old Medical Representative, 1.81m
- Ian Luah – 22 year old Student, 1.83m
- Samuel Low – 19 year old Student, 1.86m
- Thomson Liu – 23 year old Student, 1.83m
- Aaron Ng – 23 year old Student, 1.85m
- Sng Cheng Wei – 24 year old Student, 1.81m
- Zul Hilmi – 21 year old Student, 1.93m
- Sherlyn Tan – 21 year old Student, 1.72m
- Sharin Keong – 19 year old Student, 1.74m
- Nadhirah Noordin – 22 year old Cabin Crew, 1.70m
- Staphni Tan – 21 year old Marketing Executive, 1.70m
- Jody Liu – 21 year old Entrepreneur, 1.70m
- Mandy Tan – 26 year old Sales Manager, 1.73m
- Vanessa Chong – 17 year old Student, 1.80m
- Chew Xue Li – 21 year old Student, 1.69m
- Mabel Qiu – 21 year old Freelance Model, 1.70m
- Patricia Tan – 23 year old Student, 1.70m
- Adelina Eliza – 19 year old Student, 1.72m
- Saktiyavaani – 20 year old Legal Secretary, 1.70m