28 January 2012, Singapore – The Singapore Airshow returns from 14 – 19 February 2012 at the Changi Exhibition Centre. This year’s airshow is set to be a bigger and more spectacular one featuring the finest in aviation technologies and systems as well as the impressive aerial displays and entertaining activities for everyone in the family.
Unmanned Systems Showcase – featuring intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) platforms and autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
Land Defence Pavilion – Check out the high-tech land-based defence products and technologies used in today’s national defence strategies. Integrated systems and key corporate stands include Ametek, Haris, ITT, L-3 Communications, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon and Thales.
Green Pavillion – features “Deminars” – a combination of seminars and demonstrations. This pavilion will focus on alternative fuel to reduce carbon emissions, providing exhibitors with a platform to showcase the latest green initiatives, share best practices and market ideas. Exhibitors include Airbus, Amyris Inc, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Total S.A. and Gevo.
High Level Conferences
Singapore Airshow Aviation Leadership Summit (SAALS) – a platform for government leaders, airlines, airport operators, air, navigation service providers and manufacturers to address a wide range of issues such as building a successful and sustainable future, climate change and security challenges. Key speakers include:
- Dr Assad Kotaite, President Emeritus of the Council, International Civil Aviation Organisation
- Mr Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport and Second Minister for Foreign Affairs, Singapore
- Mr Roberto Kobeh Gonzales, President of the Council, International Civil Aviation Organisation
- Mr Tony Tyler, Director General and CEO, International Air Transport Association
- Mr Siim Kallas, Vice President, European Commission and European Commissioner for Transport
Asia Pacific Security Conference (APSEC) – High-level executives from the aerospace and defence industries examine strategic issues shaping peace and security worldwide. The conference focusses on two principle topics:
- Future Political, Economic and Diplomatic Challenges, chaired by Mr Tim Huxley, Executive Director, The International Institute for Strategic Studies (Asia); Corresponding Director for Defence and Military Analysis
- Military Modernisation – Opportunities and Challenges, chaired by Mr Richard A Bitzinger, Senior Fellow, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
Top aerospace buyers, high level executive s from government agencies and industry leaders will give visitors and exhibitors the chance to understand the procurement opportunities and strategies to tap potential business prospects and joint ventures in key markets.
China Business Forum – chaired by Mr Ng Pock Too from the New Board Technology. In depth discussion and exchange of industry development ideas on China and its fast-growing commercial aviation market.
Southeast Asia Business Forum – Chaired by Dr Aloysius Tay of the Association of Aerospace Industries Singapore (AAIS), the forum focuses on Procurement Trends, Aircraft Financing and Flight Services Training.
India Business Forum – Chaired by Dr C.G. Krishnadas Nair, Society of Indian Aerospace Technologies and Industries (SIATI), this forum focuses on three key topics – Growth of Civil Aviation in India and Opportunities, Development of Airports and Infrastructure and Investments in the Sector and the Vision Plan of National and International Airlines including the Role of Low Cost Operators.
Key Chinese Exhibitors
Key Chinese Exhibitors who will showcase their products and technologies include:
- Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC)
- China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC)
- AMECO Beijing
- Beijing Youtaishuncheng Development Co. Ltd.
Public Day Activities
The Singapore Airshow 2012 is open to public on 18 and 19 February 2012.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Flying display – featuring world class aircraft including the Rebel 300, F15SG and F16C fighter jets and the Royal Australian Air Force’s Roulettes. Flight display timing are 11am to 12pm, 3pm to 330pm
- Aircraft making debut appearance at the static display area include the Citation XLS +, the Dornier 288NG transport aircraft, the Hawker 900XP, Legacy 650 and DHC-6 Twin Otter business jets
- You can view the latest business jets such as the elegant P180 Avanti II, Falcon 7X and Phenom 300
- There will be indoor games such as Wii and Kinect, art and craft zone for kids, photo opportunities with roving characters and a daily lucky draw
Check out the photos of the aerial display taken during the media preview on 12 February 2012.
Also check out the Boeing 787 Dreamliner preview to trade and media.
Tickets to the Public Days are available for purchase at www.sistic.com.sg and at all SISTIC outlets.
Adult: S$20 | Children (12 and younger): S$8 | Family Package (4 entries and 1 car park label) : S$120
Ticket prices include a two-way Airport Shuttle bus transfer from Singapore Changi Airport but excludes SISTIC booking fees.
- Dreamliner headed down to Singapore Airshow 2012 (superadrianme.com)
- Jackie Chan’s Embraer Jet Debuts in Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Singapore Airlines to Display the Boeing 747-400 as it begins activities to decommission (superadrianme.com)
- Hotel accommodation in Singapore for Singapore Airshow 2012 (superadrianme.com)
- Japan Airlines introduces First & Executive Class Passengers new alcohol and chocolate options (superadrianme.com)
- Seletar Airport gets new Control Tower (superadrianme.com)
- Korean Air First To Operate Boeing’s 747-8 & 777 Freighters (superadrianme.com)