September 2011, Singapore – A new artisanal coffee bar and multi-label menswear retail store opens within the Haji Lane enclave. Housed in an ingeniously-designed 4,000 square feet, three-storey shophouse at 20 Kandahar Street is Maison Ikkoku. Translating to “House of the Moment”, this new store offers mid-high end international menswear and accessories from Japan, France, USA and UK on its second floor while serving artisanal premium coffee, gourmet sandwiches and Asian-inspired house specialities on the ground floor. The third floor which is slated to open in mid-November will feature a cocktail bar.
The 1,400 square feet cafe lets you indulge in delectable homemade sandwiches, pastries and other savouries made from fresh, quality ingredients’ and home made recipes. The cafe’s baristas were personally trained by Japanese celebrity barista and latte art specialist, Hiroshi Sawada.
Check Maison Ikkoku out and share with us in the comments space below this article what you think of the place, its food and coffee.
Check out the Menswear Labels at Maison Ikkoku
Check out some of these Indie menswear brands:
- Japan: Deluxe, Discovered, Hobo, Kuro, Lad Musician
- USA : Industry of All Nations, MIANSAI by Michel Andrew Saiger, Publish
- France: Lucien, Teddyfish, Twins for Peace
- UK: Orlebar Brown
- Starbucks VIA Ready Brew – High Quality Coffee On-The-Go (superadrianme.com)
- H&M Singapore Opens 3rd September 2011 (superadrianme.com)
- Buffet Alert: Fisherman’s Market Opens in Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Breakfast at BURGER KING, grab a BK SHOTS for a Quick Bite (superadrianme.com)
- Dita Von Teese, Cointreau’s Ambassador To Visit Singapore (superadrianme.com)