Buzud, a medical and beauty devices brand from Singapore, unveiled its showroom at Level 1 of Raffles Hospital as well as a patented oxygen concentrator. The HSA approved Oxygen Concentrator has an oxygen purity level of 93% to 96% when the flow rate is between 0.5 to 5L per minute. The device is suitable for use at home and is beneficial for Covid-19 home recovery. Suitable for use by the elderly, and for individuals suffering from asthma.
Every Singapore household received a free oximeter from Temasek Foundation in June this year so that we could measure our blood oxygen levels during the pandemic. Knowing our blood oxygen levels help flag ‘silent pneumonia’ for serious Covid-19 infection. ‘Silent pneumonia’ is one of the most serious consequences of Covid-19. People who are seriously ill can feel well generally, despite their lungs being damaged and they have dangerously low levels of oxygen. Seeking medical attention when oxygen levels become dangerously low is important.
An oxygen concentrator for us at home serves different needs:
- People suffering from Covid-19 with severely damaged lung function will require oxygen supply equipment
- A recently discharged person from the hospital will need oxygen supply equipment to aid in their recovery
- Elderly at home tends to have weaker heart and lung function as they age and can’t supply enough oxygen
- Elderly at home with high blood pressure, high blood sugar and high cholesterol have a higher chance of getting a stroke. Having an oxygen supply equipment nearby will greatly reduce the chances of paralysis should they get a stroke
- Anyone in general should have enough oxygen to protect your skin from accelerated ageing and promote their metabolism. This will help with skin care and body care
- Obese individuals having problems with their respiratory system will need a ventilator to help them breathe better in their sleep. When they wake up in the mornings or before going to bed, they will usually need supplemental oxygen
The Buzud Oxygen Concentrator as well as other medical beauty devices are featured in the showroom at #01-02 Raffles Hospital, 585 North Bridge Road, Singapore 188770. They include special ventilators, blood pressure monitors, blood glucose meters and beauty devices. The Buzud 5-litre Oxygen Concentrator is retailing at S$2,680.