Project Aloft Star Asia Kicks Off Today on MTV Asia

Posted by

Aloft Hotels Debuts the Asia Pacific Edition of ‘Project Aloft Star, Amplified by MTV'

Aloft Hotels Debuts the Asia Pacific Edition of ‘Project Aloft Star, Amplified by MTV’

The Asia Pacific edition of Project Aloft Star kicks off today till 24 August 2014 inviting unsigned bands and artists to showcase their talents by uploading an original video showcasing their music to www.mtvasia.com/projectaloftstar. Three winners will be chosen covering the major Asia Pacific clusters of China, India and the third will consist of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

Shortlisted entries will perform at the finals in late September in front of a panel of judges held in their respective clusters. The ultimate winner from each cluster will receive US$10,000 cash and a chance to be featured on MTV.

From 25 August to 14 September 2014, the public can vote for their favourite videos from a panel of curated entries posted online. 40% of public voting will determine which entries get to perform at the finals for each cluster and the remaining 60% will be determined by MTV. Fans who vote get a chance to win a three day, two night all-expense paid trip for two to Seoul, South Korea and accommodation at the Aloft Seoul Gangnam Hotel which is scheduled to open 1 October 2014.

Sponsored by Aloft Hotels which has music in its DNA, Project Aloft Star is a collaboration with MTV with the aim to identify and support the hottest emerging artists from the region. Project Aloft Star has been hugely successful with five editions in North America.

Last year, Aloft Hotels and MTV jointly launched a digital platform that helped promote local up-and-coming music talents that have performed at the Live at Aloft Hotels showcase at Aloft Hotels W XYZ bars across Asia.

Check out our review of Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

superadrianme.com Webutation
Google+