Building on the global success of the first ASUS ZenFone, which sold over 1.5 million units in just one month in 2014, ASUS Singapore proudly announces the launch of the highly anticipated ZenFone 2. Coming back in an all-new ergonomically-curved design, it will be the first 4GB RAM smartphone running on a 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom Processor with 4G/LTE, fast-charge 3,000mAh battery and 13MP/5MP PixelMaster camera for a powerful all-rounded performance – all starting from S$249.
The phone will only be 3.9mm in thickness and weighs in at a maximum of 170g, with the 5.5” full HD IPS display bordered by a narrow 3.3mm bezel. Protecting it will be the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and an anti-fingerprint coating that promises to give a smooth feel to the touch gestures. Software wise, it will include the new version of the ASUS ZenUI – which has the world’s first fully-customisable interface – and Trend Micro security for safer web browsing. To top all that off, it jumps onto the Dual-Sim bandwagon, offering their Dual-Active technology, with one slot allowing for up to 4G, while the other will be at 2G.
The ZE500CL (2GB RAM, 16GB) and ZE550ML (2GB, 16GB) models will sport a matte finishing, available in Black, White and Red, while the ZE551ML (2/4GB RAM, 32/64GB) will encompass an aluminium hairline metallic finishing in Black, Gold, Red and Silver.
Key Highlights of the ZenFone 2
- Up to 4GB RAM for high quality gaming on the phone.
- 5” full HD IPS Display with narrow 3.3mm bezel for maximised viewing experience.
- Dual-Sim Dual-Active Technology, with one up to 4G and the other at 2G.
- 13MP rear-facing PixelMaster camera with an f/2.0 wide-aperture lens for high resolution photos with zero shutter lag.
- PixelMaster Low Light mode to capture brighter photos and videos without flash.
- Smart Selfie features including built-in beauty modes on top of the 5MP front camera.
- Assortment of accessories from ear phones, power packs to Lolliflash (dual-tone LED torch) are available for the phone ranging from S$11.90 to S$39.90.
The above mentioned 2GB RAM versions of the ZenFone 2 is available for pre-order from 14th April 2015 at 9.00pm to 17th April 2015 at 10.00pm at ASUS Brand Stores, ASUS Online Store, Challenger Funan and ranging from S$249 to S$349. Those who missed out on the pre-order period can order their ZenFone 2 from Starhub and M1 from 18th April 2015 onwards. The ZE5551ML (4GB RAM) version’s availability will be announced at a later date, but have been priced at S$429 and S$499 for the 32GB and 64GB storage respectively.
About the Writer
Jessica is a young lady of many obsessions. She gets herself into everything ranging from the latest in the monochrome fashion world (she only wears black, and sometimes, white) to convincing the masses that Community is the best TV series ever made.
Currently, she enjoys looking like Sailor Mercury had a baby with Wednesday Addams.