31 July 2011, Singapore – BlackBerry Messenger or commonly known as BBM has a new and revolutionary social experience with Version 6.
Users can invite their other BBM friends to play a game and then chat with one another in real time while the game is being played with a BBM connected game app. Yes, now you don’t have to leave the game that you are playing to do this!!
You’ll be able to download a selection of BBM connected apps from BlackBerry App World. These apps have the ability to:
- Share app experiences with friends – you can instantly share with your friends about your new BBM connected app by simply selecting a BBM contaxt within the BBM connected app.
- Have a BBM chat within apps – you can pull up your BBM contact list directly from within the BBM connected app and start chatting. This works for social game play
- Discover apps through friends – Friends can list their app on the BBM profile and you can click on it within the list and instantly download it from BlackBerry App World.
There are a few apps from Asian based developers which you can download:
- Koprol – Location based social networking app so that you can chat with people nearby
- Elasitas – Creator of several gaming apps – Menoo, Gamemachi and MiMoMachi
- Bouncity – Location based gaming company that has integrated BBM6 into its apps to enable users to simply share what they are doing with their social network.
“RIM is a fantastic partner. We’re thrilled to be working with them to provide a better experience to millions of foursquare users around the world by integrating foursquare with BBM,” said Holger Luedorf, VP of Mobile and Partnerships for foursquare.
“The Huffington Post, a leader in implementing social features to reach and interact with its network of readers and bloggers, integrates the BlackBerry Social Platform to create a place where our users can continue to engage in up-to-the-minute news stories, blogs, and analysis,” said Paul Berry, CTO of the Huffington Post Media Group. “As a BBM connected app, we make it simple for our readers to easily share and discuss the news. BBM 6 allows The Huffington Post to continue to reach its audience in a new way when they are on the go, and without having to compromise on the quality of their experience.”
Opportunities for BBM App Developers
BBM app developers can submit their applications to the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. The competition for social apps – “Most Addictive Social apps using BBM Social Platform” – is now open for submissions until September 23, 2011. For more information please visit: .
Additional information about the Hackathon is available at:
BBM 6 download on BlackBerry App World https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729
BBM web site:
BBM connected apps videos:
Score Mobile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtbOUMoTPHU
BBM Social Platform SDK for developers:
- Buffet Alert: Fisherman’s Market Opens in Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Voyage Night Festival 2011 (superadrianme.com)
- SHINee Concert In Singapore 10 Sept 2011 (superadrianme.com)
- TicketCube – Singapore’s Event Coverage (superadrianme.com)
- “Building People” Photo Exhibition (superadrianme.com)