20 November 2011, Singapore – Photography has become extremely accessible to every one with the smartphones getting better resolution cameras as well as DSLR cameras getting much more affordable. In fact, I kinda miss the days of fully manual SLR cameras and film. It seemed to be much more fun printing out those photos and sharing albums of photos with friends when they visited.
Well, today, times have changed and people have resorted to slide shows on huge projection screens or LCD televisions, with music piped in as well as the videos that can be programmed easily. That makes photo prints a losing “commodity” of photography.
If you’re looking for a photo printer that can print up to A4 size, we recently tested the Epson Stylus Photo TX 720WD. Measuring only 446m (length) x 458 (width) x 150mm (height) and weighing 9.6kg, this all-in-one print, copy and scan machine is easy to set up.
Here’s a quick look at the features of this printer:
- Wifi Connectivity – we’ve come to expect all the newer models of printers to be wifi enabled allowing you to share the printer amongst multiple users at home or in the office. Yes, this printer allows you to print, copy and scan using a wireless network.
- Photographic Ink – With the Epson Claria Photographic Ink, the photos printed from the printer are absolutely stunning. Epson claims that these photos look better and last longer than those from photo labs. The ink is also smudge, scratch, fade and water resistant when you print on Epson’s Premium Photo paper.
- Epson INKdividual cartridges let you replace only those cartridges that have emptied. The printer users six INKdividual coloured cartridges.
- 5760 dpi high resolution printing allows you to create and produce borderless photo prints.
- Epson MicroPiezo print head technology – fast print speed that is both cost and energy efficient.
- 2.5″ colour LCD Screen – this LCD screen can be angled around 30 to 45 degrees so that you can view it from a comfortable angle. There is also a multi-card slot to facilitate printing without a computer.
- Direct CD/DVD printing capability – you can personalise your own CD/DVD by printing directly onto a printable CD/DVD surface.
- Epson Creativity Suite – Allows you to use Epson PhotoEnhance, Easy Photo Print and Red Eye Correction. That’s if you are not already using you own photo editing software such as Photoshop.
- Save Time and Reduce Cost – prints up to 40 pages per minute and duplex printing functionality provides convenient double sided printing. Printing an A4 sized premium photo, did not even take a minute! It can print a 4 x 6 inch photo in 10 seconds.
- Silent Printing – well at least for me, it sounds pretty decent when printing a high quality photo.
No wonder the Epson Stylus Photo TX720WD was named the Best Photography Printer in the PC World L.A. Awards in 2010.
Check out the photos that I printed. They were photographed with the Sony Alpha A55. Click on the images if you would like to have a larger view.
I am very pleased with the quality of the photos. In fact, I am going to use some of the Black and White 4R prints of my recent Borobudor trip as a post card.
The Epson Stylus Photo TX720WD has been on sale at all authorised distributors since November last year at S$398.00.
- Canon EOS-1D X An Integration of 1D and 1Ds series (superadrianme.com)
- HTC EVO 3D Price and Availability (superadrianme.com)
- CapitaLand “Building People” Photography – The Winners (superadrianme.com)
- Canon PhotoMarathon 2011 Results & Winners (superadrianme.com)
- Musee d’Orsay Paris Art at National Museum of Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Samsung W200 Waterproof Pocket Camera (superadrianme.com)
- Canon PowerShot S100 More Than Just An Upgraded With DIGIC 5 Image Processor (superadrianme.com)
- Felicia Chin appointed as brand ambassador for Olympus XZ-1 (superadrianme.com)