10 July 2011, Singapore – 25 year old behavior therapist, Miss Valerie Lim known for her beauty blog DWEAM was crowned Miss Universe Singapore 2011 by Tania Lim the pageant’s 2010 winner. The Miss Earth Singapore 2009 winner, Valerie is extremely tall at 1.79m and also awarded the Miss Body Beautiful subsidiary title.
Be sure to scroll all the way down this post to watch a video excerpt of tonight.
1st Runner Up for the pageant was 18 year old undergrad, Amanda Leong, while 24 year old PR Executive Shn Juay came in as 2nd Runner Up as well as Miss Diplomatic.
The night programme started with dinner for the guests of the Gala Dinner followed by the Swim Wear Segment, Casual Wear Segment where the girls were dressed in Harley-Davidson outfits, the Evening Wear Segment (Hayden’s Evening Wear) followed by the awarding of the subsidiary titles, Question and Answer for the top 5 followed by the coronation of Miss Singapore Universe 2011. The night was highly contested by the 10 ladies. Click here to find out who the other 7 contestants were.
At the judging table were:
- Mrs. Justina Tan – CEO of Lumiere Slimming International
- Mr. Errol Pang – CEO of Derrol Steppenny Promotions
- Ms. Irene Ang – CEO of FLY Entertainment Pte Ltd
- Mr. Bernard Lim – CEO of Lifebrandz Limited
- Ms. Florence Lian – Managing Director of MediaCorp Radio
- Mr. Andrew Macdonald – Executive Vice President – Casino, Marina Bay Sands
- Dr. Sylvia Ramirez – Medical and Scientific Director of Cutis Medical Laser Clinics
- Mr. Jeffrey Low – Head, Group Corporate Affairs of Komoco Motors Pte Ltd
- Ms. Agnes Lee – Creative Director of The Hair Secrets.
The contestants competed and were judged in the swimwear round weighted at 40% and the evening wear round weighted at 40% followed by the top 5’s question and answer round weighed at 20%. The judges also looked out for criterion such as Stage presence, skin, poise, hair and body figure.
Making it to the top 5 were Shn Juay, Amanda Leong, Nicole de Souza, Shahnaz Nazimuddeen and Valerie Lim.
Past Miss Singapore Universe winners spotted were Eunice Olsen (2000) and Tania Lim (2010).
Anyway, check out the top 3 contestants outfits. Don’t they all look fabulous.
Swim Wear Segment of the Top 3
Sponsored by Jog Swimwear
Casual Wear Segment of the Top 3
Sponsored by Harley-Davidson
Evening Gown Segment of the Top 3
Sponsored by Hayden Boutique
Enjoy the video excerpts of the top 3 winners.
For photos of the other contestants, click here.
- 15,000 Supporters at Singapore’s First Night Pink Dot
- Namie Amuro’s First Visit To Singapore
- Sneak Peek: Harry Potter the Exhibition at Art Science Museum
- Annie The Musical Coming to Marina Bay Sands In July
- Red Bull Rookies Search: The 20 Selected From The Go-Kart Challenge
- NANTA (COOKIN’) Returns To Singapore In September 2012
Pingback: Sign Up to be the next Miss Universe Singapore »
Pingback: 24 Year Old Shi Lim Crowned Miss Universe Singapore 2013 | SUPERADRIANME
who the eff dressed these beautiful women, i’ve never seen such ugly clothes in my life. the person who dressed them out to be FIRED AND SUED FOR DEFAMATION TO THE STYLE OF WOMEN IN SINGAPORE.
Pingback: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and SII Singapore launch date and price | SUPERADRIANME
Pingback: BlackBerry Messenger Ambassador - Eunice Olsen | SUPERADRIANME
Pingback: Miss Singapore Universe 2011 Finalists Revealed | SUPERADRIANME