Today, the MICHELIN Guide has revealed the 2023 Bib Gourmand Selection for Singapore, featuring a grand total of 79 food establishments. This year’s selection includes two restaurants and 17 hawker centre stalls, an increase from the 67 establishments honored in 2022.
Among the notable additions are Kok Sen, renowned for its traditional local dishes such as tze char classics and prawn paste chicken, and The Coconut Club, which offers a delectable nasi lemak set and other tantalizing dishes like ayam goreng berempah and sago pudding infused with pandan, palm sugar, and coconut cream.
The 17 newly awarded Bib Gourmand hawker stalls are
- Adam Rd Noo Cheng Big Prawn Noodle in Adam Food Centre serves prawn mee using a recipe inherited from the owner’s father. Opt for the “dry” noodles tossed in prawn paste of your desired spice level alongside a bowl of prawn soup.
- Bahrakath Mutton Soup, also in Adam Food Centre, has been serving its secret mutton soup recipe since 1973. The broth is rich, dense, and full of herbal flavours.
- Beach Road Fish Head Bee Hoon in Whampoa Market Place serves sliced fish bee hoon (rice vermicelli) in a flavourful, milky fish stock with fried garlic bits for extra fragrance and crunch.
- Cheok Kee in Geylang Bahru Market & Food Centre is famous for its soy-marinated duck that boasts velvety flesh. The duck sits on a bed of steamed rice perfumed by duck fragrance. It comes with chilli vinegar that aptly cuts through the richness and an aromatic duck soup made with Chinese herbs.
- Du Du Shou Shi in Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre carries two varieties of tu tu kueh—coconut and peanut. The steamed rice cake is chewy and springy on the outside; while both fillings are nutty, sweet, and aromatic.
- Heng Kee in Hong Lim Market & Food Centre was founded in the 1970s and is currently run by its second-generation owner. The stall’s hallmark dishes are mild, well-balanced curry broth, custom-made tofu puffs and fish cakes, as well as generous helpings of velvety chicken.
- Hui Wei Chilli Ban Mee, also located in Geylang Bahru Market & Food Centre, serves ribbon noodles with “soup” or “dry” options. The latter is tossed in homemade chilli sauce and topped with minced meat, meatballs, poached egg, and fried lard.
- Ji De Lai Hainanese Chicken Rice at Chong Pang Market and Food Centre has been a selected stall in the MICHELIN Guide in the previous years. The hawker stall is promoted with a Bib Gourmand recognition for its reasonably priced chicken rice sets served with either roasted or steamed chicken, rice, soup, and vegetables.
- Kwee Heng located in Newton Food Centre has over 40 years of history, making boneless braised duck that is tender, juicy, and flavoursome. It can be served with rice, congee, or noodles.
- Nam Sing Hokkien Fried Mee in 51 Old Airport Road Market has been serving just one item since it opened in 1960—Hokkien fried mee with prawns. The egg noodles and rice vermicelli are tossed in a rich broth made with prawn shells and tomalley to impart deep umami.
- No.18 Zion Road Fried Kway Teow in Zion Riverside Food Centre serves kway teow noodles fried to order, topped with fish cake and cockles. The wok hei is impressive,with robust flavours and a hint of spiciness, while the cockles lend extra umami.
- Selamat Datang Warong Pak Sapari in Adam Food Centre is now run by its third-generation owners. This family business is famous for mee soto and mee rebus, with authentic Malaysian flavours. The former is served in broth, while the latter is served in a thick gravy soup.
- Singapore Fried Hokkien Mee in Whampoa Market Place is famous for Hokkien mee made with rice vermicelli and yellow egg noodles, which are topped with prawns and squid for umami. Each serving of noodles is made even better with a helping of spicy home-made chilli sauce.
- Soon Huat in North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre serves both “dry” or “soup”noodles, topped with butterflied prawns, fish cake, bean sprouts and fried garlic. The delectable prawn soup on the side is also a treat.
- Spinach Soup in Geylang Bahru Market & Food Centre is the place to go for a bowl of comfort. The broth is tasty and sweet, while the spinach remains crisp and fresh.
- Tai Seng Fish Soup in Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre is a third-generation family business, which prides itself on its delicious fish soup made from scratch, served with sliced fish, deep-fried fish, or fish head.
- Young Chun Wan Ton Noodle located at 115 Bukit Merah View Market & Food Centre serves springy egg noodles, best enjoyed in its “dry” form —balanced and dressed in a savoury sweet sauce, topped with wonton with minced pork.
THE MICHELIN GUIDE SINGAPORE 2023 BIB GOURMAND SELECTION
|Restaurant Name (ENG)||Restaurant Name (CHI)||Type of Cuisine||Hawker Centre|
|A Noodle Story||超好面||Hawker||Amoy Street Food Centre|
|Adam Rd Noo Cheng Big Prawn Noodle NEW||亞当路大蝦面||Hawker||Adam Food Centre|
|Alliance Seafood||联合海鲜烧烤||Hawker||Newton Food Centre|
|Anglo Indian (Shenton Way)||Indian|
|Ar Er Soup||阿2老火汤||Hawker||ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre|
|Bahrakath Mutton Soup NEW||Hawker||Adam Food Centre|
|Beach Road Fish Head Bee Hoon NEW||美芝路鱼头米粉||Hawker||Whampoa Makan Place|
|Bismillah Biryani (Little India)||Street Food|
|Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang||柴船头羊肉汤||Hawker||115 Bukit Merah View Market & Hawker Centre|
|Chen’s Mapo Tofu (Shenton Way)||陈 麻婆豆腐 (珊顿大道)||Sichuan|
|Cheok Kee NEW||祝记||Hawker||Geylang Bahru Market & Food Centre|
|Chey Sua Carrot Cake||青山菜头粿||Hawker||127 Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre|
|Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck||全记||Hawker||20 Ghim Moh Road Market & Food Centre|
|Da Shi Jia Big Prawn Mee||大食家大大大虾面||Singaporean|
|Du Du Shou Shi NEW||嘟嘟熟食||Hawker||Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre|
|Eminent Frog Porridge & Seafood (Lor 19)||明辉田鸡粥海鲜煮炒店||Street Food|
|Fei Fei Roasted • Noodle||肥肥烧腊 · 云吞面||Hawker||Yuhua Village Market and Food Centre|
|Fu Ming Cooked Food||福明熟食||Hawker||Redhill Market|
|Guan Kee Fried Kway Teow||源记鲜蛤炒粿条||Hawker||20 Ghim Moh Road Market & Food Centre|
|Hai Nan Xing Zhou Beef Noodle||海南星洲牛肉粉||Hawker||Kim Keat Palm Market & Food Centre|
|Hainan Zi||海南仔||Hawker||Chong Pang Market and Food Centre|
|Hawker Chan Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle||了凡油鸡饭‧面||Cantonese Roast Meats|
|Heng||兴||Hawker||Newton Food Centre|
|Heng Heng Cooked Food||兴兴熟食||Hawker||Yuhua Village Market and Food Centre|
|Heng Kee NEW||兴记咖哩鸡米粉面||Hawker||Hong Lim Market and Food Centre|
|Hjh Maimunah (Jalan Pisang)||Malaysian|
|Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee||鸿兴炒苏东虾面||Hawker||Tiong Bahru Market|
|Hong Kong Yummy Soup||真之味香港靓汤||Hawker||Alexandra Village Food Centre|
|Hoo Kee Bak Chang||和记肉粽||Hawker||Amoy Street Food Centre|
|Hui Wei Chilli Ban Mian NEW||回味辣椒板面||Hawker||Geylang Bahru Market & Food Centre|
|Indocafe – The White House||Peranakan|
|J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff||驰名香脆咖喱卜||Hawker||Amoy Street Food Centre|
|Ji De Lai Hainanese Chicken Rice PROMOTION||记得来海南鸡饭||Hawker||Chong Pang Market and Food Centre|
|Jian Bo Tiong Bahru Shui Kueh||楗柏中峇鲁水粿||Hawker||Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre|
|Joo Siah Bak Koot Teh||裕城肉骨茶||Hawker||Kai Xiang Food Centre|
|Kelantan Kway Chap · Pig Organ Soup||吉兰丹粿汁·猪什汤||Hawker||Berseh Food Centre|
|Koh Brother Pig’s Organ Soup||许兄弟猪什汤||Hawker||Tiong Bahru Market|
|Kok Sen NEW||国成菜馆||Singaporean|
|Kwang Kee Teochew Fish Porridge||光记潮洲鱼糜||Hawker||Newton Food Centre|
|Kwee Heng NEW||贵兴||Hawker||Newton Food Centre|
|Lai Heng Handmade Teochew Kueh||莱兴手工潮州粿||Hawker||Yuhua Market & Hawker Centre|
|Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow||老夫子炒粿条||Hawker||51 Old Airport Road Food Centre|
|Lian He Ben Ji Claypot||联合本记煲饭||Hawker||Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre|
|Lixin Teochew Fishball Noodles||立兴潮州鱼圆面||Hawker||Kim Keat Palm Market & Food Centre|
|Na Na Curry||南南咖哩||Hawker||115 Bukit Merah View Market & Hawker Centre|
|Nam Sing Hokkien Fried Mee NEW||南星福建炒虾面||Hawker||51 Old Airport Road Food Centre|
|New Lucky Claypot Rice||新鸿运瓦煲饭||Hawker||Holland Drive Market & Food Centre|
|No.18 Zion Road Fried Kway Teow PROMOTION||No.18炒粿条面||Hawker||Zion Riverside Food Centre|
|One Prawn & Co||一号||Noodles|
|Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee||欧南园炒粿条面||Hawker||Hong Lim Market and Food Centre|
|Selamat Datang Warong Pak Sapari NEW||Hawker||Adam Food Centre|
|Shi Hui Yuan||实惠园||Hawker||Mei Ling Market & Food Centre|
|Sik Bao Sin (Desmond’s Creation)||吃饱先||Singaporean|
|Sin Huat Eating House||新发||Street Food|
|Sing Lung HK Cheong Fun||升龙港式肠粉||Street Food|
|Singapore Fried Hokkien Mee NEW||新加坡炒福建虾面||Hawker||Whampoa Makan Place|
|Soh Kee Cooked Food||苏记熟食||Hawker||Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre|
|Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (New Bridge Road)||松发肉骨茶 (新桥路)||Singaporean|
|Soon Huat NEW||顺发||Hawker||North Bridge Road Market & Food Centre|
|Spinach Soup NEW||鸳鸯苋菜汤||Hawker||Geylang Bahru Market & Food Centre|
|Tai Seng Fish Soup NEW||泰成鱼汤||Hawker||Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre|
|Tai Wah Pork Noodle||大华肉脞面||Hawker||Hong Lim Market and Food Centre|
|The Blue Ginger (Tanjong Pagar)||Peranakan|
|The Coconut Club NEW||椰子俱乐部||Malaysian|
|Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice||天天海南鸡饭||Hawker||Maxwell Food Centre|
|Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice||中峇鲁海南起骨鸡饭||Hawker||Tiong Bahru Market|
|To-Ricos Guo Shi||多丽哥粿汁||Hawker||51 Old Airport Road Food Centre|
|True Blue Cuisine||Peranakan|
|Yong Chun Wan Ton Noodle NEW||永春云呑面||Hawker||115 Bukit Merah View Market & Hawker Centre|
|Zai Shun Curry Fish Head||载顺咖喱鱼头||Street Food|
|Zhi Wei Xian Zion Road Big Prawn Noodle||知味鲜大虾面||Hawker||Zion Riverside Food Centre|