17 September 2011, Singapore – 18 year old student Mio Lin beat over 500 other ladies at the SingTel Grid Girls competition walking away with S$10,000 cash to represent Singapore at the front of the starting grid on race day with the national flag at this year’s SingTel Grand Prix on 25 September.
20 year old Nadiah Binte Mohamed Halim and 25 year old Khoo Shu Yun also won S$5,000 and S$3,000 cash coming in second and third respectively.
Tabitha Loke,19 and Deborah Heng,20 were awarded with special prizes and a 32″ LG TV.
Over the past six months leading up to the finals, the contestants were put through various challenges such as tests of their F1 knowledge, pitting against one another on the SingTel simulator. From the over 500 ladies, 12 finalists were revealed to the public in July. Check out photos of the Grid Girls appearing at the media launch of the 2011 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix Trophy.
50% of the results came from public voting of these 12 finalists and the remaining 50% was determined by a panel of judges made of Edward Ying (Chief, Multimedia, SingTel), Arthur Huang (COO, LG Electronics), Rebecca Lim (Mediacorp Artiste), Lau Kuan Wei (Editor-in-Chief, 8 Days magazine) and Fong Fan (Celebrity Stylist).
On race day, the SingTel Grid Girls will be on the track to guide drivers to their cars. Mio, Nadiah and Shu Yun will be at the front of the grid, carrying the Singapore flag, Formula One flag and the Singapore GP flag respectively. Congratulations ladies!!
- Girls’ Generation (SNSD) first concert in Singapore in Feb 2012 (superadrianme.com)
- Wicked The Broadway Musical Comes To Singapore in December (superadrianme.com)
- Check out the Celebrity Studded Louis Vuitton Maison Opening (superadrianme.com)
- Enjoy Starbucks coffee at home with VIA (superadrianme.com)
- Have you visited the PUMA F1 Container outside Raffles City? (superadrianme.com)
- ROBINSONS opens new outlet at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands (superadrianme.com)
- Check out George Young and his Magnolia Sherbet (superadrianme.com)