24 December 2011, Everett, Washington, USA – The all-new Boeing 787 Dreamliner will begin a six-month Dream Tour for customers, partners around the world as well as media to experience the revolutionary technology and passenger innovation offered on the first new airplane of the 21st century.
The retrofitted Dream Tour airplane, ZA003 features unique cabin features and performance capabilities of the Dreamliner. The flight test equipment onboard has been removed and a stunning new interior has been installed. It will also receive a refreshed Boeing livery.
In December, the 787 Dream Tour will include six stops in Asia, Africa and the Middle East:
Dec. 4-11: China with stops in Beijing, Guangzhou and Haikou to visit customers, partners, and government officials including representatives from Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), Air China, China Southern, Hainan Airlines, Aviation Industries of China (AVIC) and Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Co. (CAC).
Dec. 11-16: Africa with stops in Addis Ababba, Ethiopia and Nairobi, Kenya to visit Ethiopian Airlines and Kenya Airways.
Dec. 16-19: Middle East stop in Doha to visit Qatar Airways.
Specific dates for the subsequent segments of the tour will be announced at least a month prior to the events with additional tour stops planned for from January through April 2012.
Aviation enthusiasts can follow the 787 tour progress at www.newairplane.com. You can also check out the videos, photos and reports from the tour stops as well as an inside look at the airplane.
The LED lighting, standard of the 787 program me, will be demonstrated throughout the tour airplane. Visitors will experience the dynamic affect of this new technology to make meal time more enjoyable, sooth passengers during restful periods and gently wake them following a long flight.
Visitors will also get to view the business class cabin that is fitted with a dozen lay-flat seats, an overhead crew rest compartment and an economy class cabin. There will be a large open space between the two economy class sections. This allows Boeing to spotlight the features of the 787 with displays and demonstrations.
- Musee d’Orsay Paris Art at National Museum of Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Girls’ Generation Singapore Concert adds a second night on 10 Dec 2011 (superadrianme.com)
- adidas Official Meet & Greet Session Liverpool FC (superadrianme.com)
- Elton John Performs For One Night In Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Golden Village Brings Ayumi Hamasaki’s 3D Concerts To The Big Screen (superadrianme.com)
- Fans want SMTown Live World Tour to come to Singapore (superadrianme.com)
- Liverpool FC Scores At Sands SkyPark Infinity Pool (superadrianme.com)