The four Shangri-la Group hotels in Singapore will offer emergency medical coverage of up to S$250,000 at no additional charge. That is if the guest is diagnosed with Covid-19 during their stay in Singapore.
This is offered to international guests travelling to Singapore via the Reciprocal Green Lane or possesses an Air Travel Pass. Guests have to book their stays at a publicly listed rate through Shangri-La.com, the group’s mobile app or through the reservations hotline and email directly with the group. This is available for stays between 1 January and 30 June 2021.
Participating Shangri-La hotels in Singapore include:
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
- JEN Singapore Orchardgateway
- JEN Singapore Tanglin
“We have chosen to start with the Singapore market as the Singapore government has been proactively relaxing travel restrictions in a gradual and calibrated manner and has highlighted COVID-19 insurance coverage as a key enabler to rebuilding traveller confidence. Arranging medical coverage at no additional charge for our Singapore-bound guests is yet another demonstration of the warm welcome we are extending to guests, and further cements our efforts to create a trusted and safe environment, so our guests can focus on enjoying the moments that truly matter during their stay with us”Mr. Chan Kong Leong, Regional CEO for the Shangri-La Group in Southeast Asia & Australasia
The coverage is underwritten by AIG Travel Asia Pacific Pte Ltd and provides the following coverage benefits –
- Emergency medical expenses of up to S$250,000 for medically necessary and reasonable costs should the guest test positive for Covid-19 during the stay
- Additional room only and travel expenses should the guest need to extend their stay for medical reasons
- Repatriation of mortal remains in the event of death from Covid-19 up to S$150,000
- Emergency travel assistance round the clock during their trip