2 December 2011, Singapore – Today the TRANSFORMERS film director and executive producer Michael Bay was in town to witness the World Premiere of TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle at Universal Studio Singapore, Resorts World Sentosa. Making a grand entrance on stage in a 2010 edition of the Chevrolet Camaro, Michael Bay who also served as the ride’s creative consultant powered up the ride with the ALLSPARK shard – signaling the start of a new era in immersive theme park entertainment with Asia’s most technologically advanced motion thrill ride.
In order not to spoil your experience on the ride, I shall not describe in detail. However, I would add that TRANSFORMER The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle is the best ride I had in Universal Studio Singapore and I have changed my ranking for Top Attractions in Universal Studio Singapore as follows:
- TRANSFORMERS The Ride
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Shrek 4D
- Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure
- Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs CYLOPS
I prefer additional physical and visual special effects than just the plain thrill roller coaster rides, furthermore we get to enjoy this ride before Hollywood gets it!!! So if you are like me, my review will be quite close to your preference. Here’s my rating for Universal Studios Singapore’s TRANSFORMERS The Ride:
- 3D Effects: STUNNING. It was so real that I coukd not help myself from blocking the “flying objects” that were coming towards from face.
- Additional Effects: Just like Shrek 4D, expect to FEEL what you are seeing on the screen
- Ride Experience: Many “UPS” & “DOWNS“, spinning around not meant for anyone who suffers from motion sickness. The ride is approximately 4 minutes long, making TRANSFORMERS The Ride one of the longest rides in the theme park (if you exclude Shrek 4D which is more of a movie experience).
- Thrill Factor: 9 out of 10. Moments after the ride began, the 3D effects were so real that I could not almost tell what was real and what was not. There were flying objects and crashing into buildings, continuous outbursts of “Wooh~ing” and going for a second round. I did not gave it a full score as I felt that there’s still room for improvement, but overall its a ride not to be missed.
TRANSFORMERS The Ride is located within Sci-Fi City – one of the seven zones of Universal Studios Singapore. The attraction is enhanced both by a TRANSFORMERS retail store, the TRANSFOMERS Supply Vault, and a new food/beverage venue, the Starbot Café. In addition, theme park guests will be welcomed to TRANSFORMERS The Ride by a walking OPTIMUS PRIME character who measures a whopping 2.9 meters in height, and a 2.3 meter tall walking BUMBLEBEE character, providing great photo opportunities for the family.
A special 3D2N Ultimate Fun package for TRANSFORMERS The Ride has also been rolled out through the Resorts World Sentosa website and authorized travel agents, which includes complimentary TRANSFORMERS The Ride souvenirs.
Guests planning to visit Universal Studios Singapore and take part in the ultimate 3D battle at TRANSFORMERS The Ride this holiday season are encouraged to make prior reservations as quickly as possible through our website at www.rwsentosa.com.
- Universal Studios Singapore’s Halloween Horror Nights Review (superadrianme.com)
- Transformers, The Ride At Universal Studios Singapore 3 December 2011 (superadrianme.com)