The fifth annual instalment of the Singapore Cocktail Festival returns 10 to 18 May 2019. The Festival Village returns to Empress Lawn from 10 to 12 May 2019 with a line-up of bar pop-ups, masterclasses, brand experiences, live entertainment acts by Ruckus, Ok! Ready and Instigator Afrobeat Orchestra and more. There will be daily DJ sets by Brendon P, Tirso, Joshua P, Ya5th, Ollie Des, Anand and Ramesh.
’50 Minutes with 50 Best’ cocktail masterclasses
Over 100 of the world’s best bartending talents will gather at the Festival Village. The World’s 50 Best Bars collaboration this year will feature A limited number of tickets can also be purchased through https://sgcf2019.hungrygowhere.com/.
- Antonio Lai from Quinary, Hong Kong (No.15 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Beckaly Franks from The Pontiac, Hong Kong (No. 31 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Giacomo Giannotti and Margarita Sader from Paradiso, Barcelona (No. 37 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Maxim Schulte from American Bar at The Savoy, London (No.2 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Renato Giovannoni and Aline Vargas from Floreria Atlántico, Argentina (No. 14 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Rory Shepherd from Little Red Door, Paris (No.33 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018
The Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2019 awards will take place in Singapore on 9 May 2019.
Headlining Bartenders from The World’s 50 Best Bars and Asia’s 50 Best Bars list
These bartenders will be serving signature cocktails at S$12 nett at the Festival Village from 10 to 12 May from 4 to 11pm.
- Andrew Loudon from Tippling Club, Singapore (No. 7 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Danny Yeung from Smalls, Bangkok (No. 29 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Giovanni Graziadei from Jigger & Pony, Singapore (No. 42 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Jesse Vida from Atlas, Singapore (No. 4 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Kazuhisa Arai of Sober Company, Shanghai (No. 14 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Laki Yoo from Keepers, Seoul (No. 47 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Lolita Goh from Junglebird, Malaysia (No. 38 on Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
- Maroš Dzurus and Adam Amir Ghalleb from Himkok, Oslo (No. 19 on The World’s 50 Best Bars 2018)
Bar and Brand Pop- Ups
There will also be Bar pop-ups by The Monarchy Cocktail Bar & Ultra Lounge, B Bar, Brass Lio Distillery, Hopscotch, Joji Bar, La Maison du Whisky, Martini Bar, Monte Carlo Boys. Brand pop-ups include Cocchi Vermouth di Torino (Vermouth), Fever-Tree (Drink mixers), Haku (Vodka), Havana Club (Rum), Maker’s Mark (Bourbon) and Mr. Black (Liqueur).
Other activities you can partake in include immersing yourself in synergetic concoctions of Jameson and music at the JJ’s Vinyl Store by Jameson Whiskey; Create your own cocktail through an expedition experience at the Monkey 47 Jungle Safari, score a hole-in-one at the Four Pillars Gin putting green and win prizes, or visit the Hendrick’s Botanical Sanctuary and the Monkey Shoulder Boom Box Bar.
Enjoy debut brands at the Artisanal Spirits Tasting Room, including Whiskies such as Amrut Distilleries and Compass Box, or Gins such as Blind Tiger, Dancing Sands Distillery, Little Lon Distilling Co. and Tanglin Gin. There will also be food catered by COMO Cuisine, Ding Dong and Neon Pigeon.
Guest Bartenders Around Town
Don’t miss out on guest bartender feats around town.
- Simone Caporale from Marque D’Amour (Seoul, Korea) will be at Skai Bar on 13 May 2019
- The Aussie Invasion featuring Matt Linktaker from Black Pearl (Melbourne, Australia) and Evan Stroeve from Bulletin Place (Sydney, Australia) will be at Nutmeg & Clove on 14 May 2019
- One Thousand and One Drunken Nights featuring Jay Natividad from The Spirits Library (Manila, The Philippines) and Ian Libang from NoKal (Manila, The Philippines) will be at Fat Prince on 16 and 17 May 2019
- The Monarchy is Overthrown featuring Shah Dillion from 40 Thieves (Bali, Indonesia) will be at The Monarchy Cocktail Bar & Ultra Lounge on 18 May 2019
Download the Sluggr App and redeem exclusive cocktail deals from 10 to 18 May 2019. Complete redemptions across 15 or more bars (1927, Anti:dote, Artemis Grill, Bar Stories, Chihuly Lounge, Claypots Full Circle, Cool Cats, Jim Thompson Restaurant, MO Bar, Native, The 3 Peas, The Bar at 15 Stamford, The Sampan and more) can unlock exclusive promotions and participate in the #SGCFCocktailChallenge to win a grand prize worth S$1000. That’s S$500 cash prize, 2D1N stay at Grand Park Orchard and a Cocktail hamper.