Singapore Changi Airport has been awarded the World’s Best Airport at the 2023 Skytrax World Airport Awards held at the Passenger Terminal EXPO in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on 15 March 2023. Changi Airport has taken back this award after losing it for two consecutive years in 2021 and 2022 to Hamad International Airport. It also received other accolades, including the World’s Best Airport Dining, the Best Airport for Leisure Amenities and the Best Airport in Asia.
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport was also awarded the World’s Best Airport Hotel for the eighth consecutive year.
“We congratulate Singapore Changi Airport on being named the World’s Best Airport for 2023. After being severely hit during the Covid-19 pandemic, it is pleasing to note that passenger numbers at Changi Airport are now at about 80 per cent of pre-Covid-19 levels, and expected to return to pre-pandemic levels by 2024. This recognition for Changi Airport is from the airport customers and serves to underline the airport’s popularity with international air travellers. Winning this award as the World’s Best Airport is a very clear recognition of the team effort amongst all staff at the airport who contribute to Changi Airport’s success”.Edward Plaisted of Skytrax
Over 60 nationalities of airport customers voted in the largest annual global airport customer satisfaction survey. The award has been operating since 2000 and is independent and impartial. The award assesses customer service and facilities across over 550 airports. The survey and awards process is provided to airports at no cost to ensure the true credibility of results.
The survey evaluated the customer experience across airport service and product key performance indicators – from check-in, arrivals, transfers, shopping, and security/immigration through to departure at the gate.
“Changi Airport is honoured to be named World’s Best Airport for the 12th time. This recognition is great encouragement to our airport community, who stood firmly together to battle the challenges of Covid-19 over the past two years. We thank them for their dedication to serve Changi’s passengers and the perseverance to keep Singapore connected to the world. To our passengers, we are deeply grateful for your vote of confidence. Your continued support encourages us to keep pursuing service excellence as we expand our offerings to redefine the Changi Experience. We look forward to welcoming everyone to Changi Airport as we rediscover the magic of travel again.”Mr Lee Seow Hiang, Chief Executive Officer of Changi Airport Group
World’s Top 20 Airports 2023
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Hamad International Airport – World’s Best Airport Shopping, Best Airport in the Middle East and Cleanest Airport in the Middle East.
- Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) – World’s Cleanest Airport, World’s Best Domestic Airport and Best Airport PRM & Accessible Facilities
- Incheon International Airport – World’s Best Airport Staff Service, World’s Best Airport Immigration Processing, Best Airport Staff in Asia.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport – Best Airport in Europe and Best Airport in Western Europe
- Istanbul Airport – Most Family Friendly Airport and Best Airport in Southern Europe
- Munich Airport – Best Airport Staff Service in Europe and Best Airport in Central Europe
- Zurich Airport – World’s Best Airport Security Processing
- Narita International Airport
- Madrid-Barajas Airport
- Vienna International Airport
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport – Best Airport in Northern Europe
- Rome Fiumicino Airport – 5-Star Airport Rating
- Copenhagen Airport
- Kansai International Airport
- Chubu Centrair International Airport (Nagoya) – World’s Best Regional Airport, World’s Best Low-Cost Terminal and Best Regional Airport in Asia
- Dubai International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport – Best Airport in North America
- Melbourne Airport – Best Airport in Australia & Pacific and Best Airport Staff in Australia & Pacific
- Vancouver International Airport – Cleanest Airport in North America
Featured photo caption: Mr Yam Kum Weng, EVP, Airport Development, Changi Airport Group (left) and Mr Lee Seow Hiang, CEO of Changi Airport Group (centre), receiving the Skytrax World's Best Airport Award from Mr Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax (right) )(Skytrax photo)